• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: How to enumerate cameras on HTC Advantage X7500 Pocket PC? (C++)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post

BillNew
How to enumerate cameras on HTC Advantage X7500 Pocket PC? (C++)
Friday, 4:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Friday, 6:48 PM EDT
I have an existing Visual Studio 2005 C++ Mobile OS 5 Pocket PC Application that needs to be able to "see" both the Back Camera and the Front Camera that comes with the HTC Advantage X7500 Pocket PC. (Mobile OS 5)

See this link:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobiledev/thread/b96085e0-9507-4a6a-bb0f-06f694d48d81

All that I am attempting to do is Enumerate the Front Camera so that I can use in it in a pre-existing program that connects using the camera's "device ID" (such as "CAM1:" or "CAM2:") then open the device and show the video feed on the screen.

The Back Camera will enumerate properly as "Cam1:" using the sample code that I posted on the other forum. So one would normally think or assume that if "Cam1:" is the Back Camera, surely the Front Camera would be "Cam2:"... but not so.

I need to allow usage of BOTH cameras that come with the unit in my existing program.

Is there an SDK to allow this to happen? If not, what method(s) are needed to connect and use the camera in a Visual Studio 2005 C++ Mobile OS 5 Pocket PC Application?

Even a sample application in Visual Studio 2005 C++ for Mobile OS 5 that can see and connect to the front camera then the back camera would be a good start. Just need to be able to switch cameras based on a ComboBox. Obviously, I'll make sure to stop the current camera before starting the switched to camera device.

Any help to get this resolved quickly will be greatly appreciated!
Do you find this valuable?    

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)