• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: touch pro 2 keeps locking upReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

pwlawrence
touch pro 2 keeps locking up
Oct 30 2009, 11:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2009, 11:16 AM EDT
i've had mine for almost a year and now it seems to lock up about once a week for the last month. do i need to upgrade the software? if so, how do i do that? Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: AT&T HTC Touch Pro Tilt 2
BeanoFTW
BeanoFTW
1. RE: touch pro 2 keeps locking up
Nov 1 2009, 10:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 1 2009, 10:36 PM EST
You've had it for a year? I know Sprint's version only came out last month. If you've loaded a lot of software on the phone, you may be running out of space. I modified the registry to open up ROM for use as pagefile. You should go through your messaging and e-mail and wipe out all of your messaging and e-mail history. I know when my phone slowed down and locked up a lot, erasing all texts and e-mail solved the problem completely.

If this does not help, you may need to do a factory restore. WARNING: ALL DATA, PROGRAMS, HISTORY, SETTINGS AND CONTACTS WILL BE WIPED.... EVERYTHING WILL BE GONE!!! Go to Settings -> All Settings -> System -> Clear Storage. Give it a few minutes, let the phone reboot, and everything will be factory restored.

Hope this helps you out.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)