• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: CIngular 3125 headphone plug adapter: where is it?

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3 46 7 | Next

Anonymous
RE: CIngular 3125 headphone plug adapter: where is it?
Mar 16 2007, 8:46 PM EDT
I want one of the $40 adapters: [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    
alikaz

alikaz
Mar 17 2007, 12:45 AM EDT
"Do either of the two adapter options allow you to take calls when you have them plugged in?"
To answer your question, the headset connectors I make have the microphone disconnected. If someone calls, you can switch to speakerphone, or unplug the adapter. I have researched a way to fabricate a connector including the call/end button and microphone and volume control. Unfortunately my costs go up about $15 dollars, bringing this adapter to around $55 complete... If you are interested in something like this I am sure I can do it, its just more costly. I have sent out emails to everyone that have posted their address, if you did not recieve the message, just let me know on here with your email again and I can try contact from a different address. Thanks!

alikaz
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2007, 3:39 PM EDT
I'll take the $40 adapter option as well. Have been looking for something to connect my Qtek 8500 to a 3.5mm plug, so this is a godsend! Thanks again. Email to: apbaar at hotmail dot com Do you find this valuable?    
stossell

stossell
Mar 17 2007, 6:25 PM EDT
"Yea, there's no way to message on here. I am watching this thread so just post your email and i'll reply.

alikaz"
I would like to order your adaptor mod. - stos_o_matic(atttt)hotmail. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2007, 12:47 AM EDT
I have interest as well, [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2007, 8:41 AM EDT
"To answer your question, the headset connectors I make have the microphone disconnected. If someone calls, you can switch to speakerphone, or unplug the adapter. I have researched a way to fabricate a connector including the call/end button and microphone and volume control. Unfortunately my costs go up about $15 dollars, bringing this adapter to around $55 complete... If you are interested in something like this I am sure I can do it, its just more costly. I have sent out emails to everyone that have posted their address, if you did not recieve the message, just let me know on here with your email again and I can try contact from a different address. Thanks!

alikaz"
I would like information on where to order an adapter and the cost/payment terms. Please reply to:
[email protected]

Anonymous
Mar 21 2007, 1:53 PM EDT
would like to order one of your adapter's for my HTC 3125. [email protected]
THANKS!

Anonymous
RE: PURCHASE INFO
Mar 25 2007, 6:18 PM EDT
Very interested in the $40 adapater.... very glad to see you are helping out all these cell phone users, many thanks! Please send payment info to [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 26 2007, 5:39 PM EDT
"I thank everyone for their support, I have emailed everyone so far that has posted, and I am working hard to get all of these adapters made ASAP. If anyone else would also like to order one, please just post your email here and i'll contact you. To the poster that didn't get my email, make a dummy email address and post it and i'll resend. Thanks!

alikaz"
I received my adaptor from Ali today and am very pleased with the workmanship and quality of the modification. Quick turnaround and good communications. I sent him my headset and received the finished adaptor in only a few days. I have been using it all day and it works perfectly. I highly recommend Ali and his adaptor for the 3125.

Thank you, Ali!

Ron Kays.....
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 26 2007, 11:02 PM EDT
I found this thread today and converted the POS stock headphones to a 3.5mm jack to use with my earbuds. I'm definitely a beginner at soldering and the process was a pain in the arse for me, but I got it done. It took about an hour with the helping hands..probably wouldn't have got it done without them. The audio sounds fine through my $30 Sony earbuds, but the volume is a bit on the weak side if you like your music loud. The microphone does work if you splice between the mic/volume control and the old headphones. My main concern with this diy cable is that the connector seems like it would be really easy to pull loose since all that's really holding it together are 3 solder joints. Just to make it a little tougher I put some electrical tape where the jack's strain relief meets the cable. Hopefully it will hold up until someone decides to commercially produce on of these.
Cheers.

Anonymous
Mar 27 2007, 1:14 PM EDT
Hello,

I am also interested in getting an adapter for my phone. Please e-mail me with a description of how the adapter is designed, how to buy, its capabilities, etc.
Email: [email protected]

Thanks

Anonymous
Apr 9 2007, 1:52 PM EDT
"I received my adaptor from Ali today and am very pleased with the workmanship and quality of the modification. Quick turnaround and good communications. I sent him my headset and received the finished adaptor in only a few days. I have been using it all day and it works perfectly. I highly recommend Ali and his adaptor for the 3125.

Thank you, Ali!

Ron Kays....."
Has anyone else received the Headphone adapters from Ali? I made my Paypal.com payment back on March 28th, and have not heard from him yet. Sure, it could just take some time, but I have emailed several times, and have not heard from him since he sent the request for payment. If others have received, please post here, and Ali, if you are reading, please post an update on when we can expect to receive the headsets. Thanks! Alex Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 9 2007, 7:29 PM EDT
alikaz - please add me to your list. I also want one of the adapters.

mike at whiteolsson dot com

Anonymous
Apr 17 2007, 4:13 PM EDT
Will this work I saw it on ebay???
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-HEADSET-HEADPHONE-3-5mm-ADAPTER-FOR-CINGULAR-3125_W0QQitemZ270110206789QQihZ017QQcategoryZ108660QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
alikaz

alikaz
Apr 17 2007, 5:16 PM EDT
"Will this work I saw it on ebay???

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-HEADSET-HEADPHONE-3-5mm-ADAPTER-FOR-CINGULAR-3125_W0QQitemZ270110206789QQihZ017QQcategoryZ108660QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"
Hello:
I looked at that adapter, they advertise that it works on a Cingular 8525, which uses the much more common ExtUSB 11 pin connection. This is NOT the 14 pin connection on the Cingular 3125. I am not exactly sure what connector they have there, but I don't think its the one for this phone. I've checked the internet and ebay, and I have still not found any commercially produced versions of this adapter. I am ordering more headsets this week and I will be able to ship more of these out very soon. If your interested, just post your email and i'll get back to you!

Ali

Anonymous
RE: PURCHASE INFO
Apr 20 2007, 12:51 PM EDT
Hello alikaz- if you are still making these adapters, I am interested in the $40 adapter. Email is bluejay (at) surfbirder.com. Thanks, AJ Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2007, 8:19 PM EDT
I am interested in getting an adapter for my phone. Please e-mail me with a description of how the adapter is designed, how to buy, its capabilities, etc.
Email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance!
-M

Anonymous
Apr 23 2007, 10:50 AM EDT
If you can't soder, he easy way is to contact Ali Kazemian at
[email protected]
He is a gentleman and makes a very sturdy adapter- works perfect! Thanks Ali

Anonymous
Apr 24 2007, 9:21 PM EDT
Well, he was a busy boy, and it took several weeks to get it, but it was so worth it!!! I finally have a working 3.5mm plug adaptor for my Star Trek phone!!! Ali, a thousand thanks, as this works perfectly, and sounds great!! Again, many thanks, Alex Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 27 2007, 1:24 AM EDT
I'm interested in the adapter and/or the variations that you can fabricate Ali. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks
Fred
Previous | 1 2 3 46 7 | Next