• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: tilt looses receptionReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

hhlbmx
tilt looses reception
Sep 21 2009, 1:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2009, 1:23 PM EDT
phone will say it has full reception but i miss calls and texts, and when i try to make a call i push send and it says dialing for a while but doesnt connect. and i try to send a text and it says message cannot be sent. ive had the phone for almost a year and it just started doing this a week ago. i have to reset the phone (soft reset) for it to work again most of the time but sometimes it just works again. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: missed calls reception tilt
talontsi07
talontsi07
1. RE: tilt looses reception
Sep 21 2009, 6:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 21 2009, 6:05 PM EDT
My guess is there is something wrong with your mainboard. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
2. RE: tilt looses reception
Sep 23 2009, 11:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2009, 11:30 AM EDT
"phone will say it has full reception but i miss calls and texts, and when i try to make a call i push send and it says dialing for a while but doesnt connect. and i try to send a text and it says message cannot be sent. ive had the phone for almost a year and it just started doing this a week ago. i have to reset the phone (soft reset) for it to work again most of the time but sometimes it just works again."
Are you running WM6.0 or 6.1? I had this type of problem with my Tilt running 6.0 and it disappeared when I switched to 6.1. If you are already running 6.1 you either have radio software or radio hardware issues. If it's a hardware issue you can't do anything but exchange the phone (hopefully it's still under warrantee). Before you try an exchange, I recommend you backup all your data to your PC and also to your storage card using Sprite Backup (it should be on you phone under Programs if you're running 6.1), then try a hard reset followed by a Sprite Restore. If the radio software has been clobbered, the hard reset will refresh it to the original configuration in the ROM. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)