• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Home screen and ringer controlThis is a featured thread

archetypia
archetypia
Home screen and ringer control
Tuesday, 2:59 AM EDT | Post edited: Tuesday, 2:59 AM EDT
How can I eliminate or change the annoying upper and lower home screen BARS?
( the upper bar which displays the icons, and lower bar which displays Start. and Contacts )

And if I can't get rid of them altogether, can I change the COLOR of them from Boring Blue, Go-Away Guava or Gag Me Green? I've been creating some of my own wallpapers (madbeetle.com) and would also like to change the color of the home screen TEXT. White doesn't always work.

Lastly, is there a way to extend the time my phone rings? I miss almost every call that comes in. Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
Purplicity
Purplicity
1. RE: Home screen and ringer control
Tuesday, 3:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Tuesday, 3:54 PM EDT
to change the color go to Start>Sett>Today> and there you should find a minimum of 3 themes
you can't remove the upper& lower bars& you can't change the text color..however, if you change the color you might like the way they will look (you can also choose to install a program from Microsoft that can give u a totally different home screen from the following link..http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/totalaccess/default.mspx
to change the wallpaper just go to any picture you like from Start>Programs>File explorer..tap& hold on the pic from the files' list& choose "set as today's background.."
you cannot extend the phone rings, but try a different ringing tone maybe it'll give u the feeling of a longer period..
denco7
denco7
2. RE: Home screen and ringer control
Wednesday, 1:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Wednesday, 1:12 PM EDT
"How can I eliminate or change the annoying upper and lower home screen BARS?
( the upper bar which displays the icons, and lower bar which displays Start. and Contacts )

And if I can't get rid of them altogether, can I change the COLOR of them from Boring Blue, Go-Away Guava or Gag Me Green? I've been creating some of my own wallpapers (madbeetle.com) and would also like to change the color of the home screen TEXT. White doesn't always work.

Lastly, is there a way to extend the time my phone rings? I miss almost every call that comes in. Thanks"
Cannot eliminate the bars, but use this to change the color.

http://www.4shared.com/file/103757751/b57bfbe9/RC_Mod_v21_ENG.html
archetypia
archetypia
3. RE: Home screen and ringer control
Thursday, 5:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Thursday, 5:23 AM EDT
hi and thanks for the info! On my Dash there is no "today" option. I can do start>settings>home screen, and there is a choice of three colors which I don't like. When I design a home screen using madbeetle.com, the bars are eliminated. But the problem with the madbeetle screens is that it's very hard to align text.

Hard to believe there is no way to extend the ring tone! I guess the kids all have the phone with them, using the bluetooth earpieces, so they don't need a longer ring. I do try to change the ring tone, as you suggest. In the past two weeks I've had bagpipes, quacking ducks, and the Wm. Tell Overture. lol

I'll check out the Microsoft recommendations.

Everybody raves about the Dash but I'm not completely impressed. (I've had it since Dec. 06)
denco7
denco7
4. RE: Home screen and ringer control
Thursday, 2:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Thursday, 2:18 PM EDT
"hi and thanks for the info! On my Dash there is no "today" option. I can do start>settings>home screen, and there is a choice of three colors which I don't like. When I design a home screen using madbeetle.com, the bars are eliminated. But the problem with the madbeetle screens is that it's very hard to align text.

Hard to believe there is no way to extend the ring tone! I guess the kids all have the phone with them, using the bluetooth earpieces, so they don't need a longer ring. I do try to change the ring tone, as you suggest. In the past two weeks I've had bagpipes, quacking ducks, and the Wm. Tell Overture. lol

I'll check out the Microsoft recommendations.

Everybody raves about the Dash but I'm not completely impressed. (I've had it since Dec. 06)"
It really is a cool phone, with a very loyal following. Read and explore more about it here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Excalibur

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)