• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Data Connection Shutting OffThis is a featured thread

ndmfarms
ndmfarms
Data Connection Shutting Off
Apr 17 2009, 12:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 17 2009, 12:33 AM EDT
I have a sprint HTC Touch Pro and for some reason my data connection constantly gets turned off. I have a good connection but will still have the feature shut off. Can anyone help me figure out why this keeps happening. Ive talked to tech support and looked around but cannot find anything why.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: data disconnects Touch Pro
bxlarry176

bxlarry176
1. RE: Data Connection Shutting Off
Apr 19 2009, 12:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2009, 12:51 PM EDT
data connects and disconnects automatically when needed. not having data on saves power how much? i dont know. you can use a freeware such as advanceconfig to always have the data on.
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
2. RE: Data Connection Shutting Off
May 5 2009, 10:31 PM EDT | Post edited: May 5 2009, 10:36 PM EDT
"I have a sprint HTC Touch Pro and for some reason my data connection constantly gets turned off. I have a good connection but will still have the feature shut off. Can anyone help me figure out why this keeps happening. Ive talked to tech support and looked around but cannot find anything why. "
Do you mean that the data connection disconnects while you are trying to use it? Or that it disconnects when it is not in use (only showing 3G or whatever speed data connection is available - but not actually connected). If you really want data turned on and connected all the time, or if you want to change the default time before it disconnects when it is idle, you can download Advanced Configuration 3.3 and change it to what you want. Having data connected constantly is a real battery drain, so you need to be able to charge your phone often. Check my post #9 at: "http://htcwiki.com/thread/2075841/Screen+Goes+Dark" - for detailed info on how to download and use AC3.3

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)