• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Delete unused email accountsThis is a featured thread

jl2008

jl2008
Delete unused email accounts
Apr 7 2009, 3:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2009, 3:18 PM EDT
How do I delete email accounts from my HTC Tilt? I have changed jobs and need to get rid of their emails (server - Outlook) and other email addies.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Delete unused email accounts
Apr 8 2009, 10:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2009, 10:42 PM EDT
"How do I delete email accounts from my HTC Tilt? I have changed jobs and need to get rid of their emails (server - Outlook) and other email addies."
To delete an excahnge account, this is done via your desktop (delete the partnership). For ISP accounts, those you just tap and hold on the Mailbox and choose Delete from the pop up Menu.
jl2008

jl2008
2. RE: Delete unused email accounts
Apr 8 2009, 11:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2009, 11:11 PM EDT
Sorry I don't understand that. If you mean I need to connect the phone to my laptop, that's not possible as I no longer have that laptop. It belongs to my former place of work. If I set it up on my home laptop and sync won't I lose everything on my phone (contacts, calendar, files)?
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: Delete unused email accounts
Apr 10 2009, 12:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2009, 12:59 PM EDT
"Sorry I don't understand that. If you mean I need to connect the phone to my laptop, that's not possible as I no longer have that laptop. It belongs to my former place of work. If I set it up on my home laptop and sync won't I lose everything on my phone (contacts, calendar, files)?"
Yes, you would need to connect to the PC to delete the partnership (you will see that there are no options to remove the Excahnge account on the device).
Your other option is the Hard Reset but you will need to back up all of the data on your device first so that you dont lose it.
You can set up a sync partnership with your PC to do this but be VERY careful not to run the sync until after you have changed your conflict resolution to handheld wins otherwise, you will lose all of you PIM info.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)