• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Downloading CADs HTC Touch Pro HDThis is a featured thread

Sigikid

Sigikid
Downloading CABs HTC Touch Pro HD
Mar 25 2009, 6:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2009, 1:40 PM EDT
Hi there!

Bought a HTC Touch Pro HD about 2 days ago and am loving it!

Only thing is: I'm blonde and no supergeek so am having major problems with downloading apps!
Basically I can't seem to download any...

I have tried downloading CABs and opening them with winzip - not working
I have downloaded CABs and transferred them to the phone but the phone does not recognize the files.

I have also used gone online with my phone and followed a freeware link from htc.com.
Thought that would at least work as it says "click here to download directly to phone", but the phone doesn't recognize these files either....

Anyone who can explain to me - in simple steps - how to do this?

I'm obviously doing something wrong - lol...
Thanks a bunch:)

Signe...
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Downloading CABs HTC Touch Pro HD
Apr 1 2009, 2:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2009, 2:48 PM EDT
"Hi there!

Bought a HTC Touch Pro HD about 2 days ago and am loving it!

Only thing is: I'm blonde and no supergeek so am having major problems with downloading apps!
Basically I can't seem to download any...

I have tried downloading CABs and opening them with winzip - not working
I have downloaded CABs and transferred them to the phone but the phone does not recognize the files.

I have also used gone online with my phone and followed a freeware link from htc.com.
Thought that would at least work as it says "click here to download directly to phone", but the phone doesn't recognize these files either....

Anyone who can explain to me - in simple steps - how to do this?

I'm obviously doing something wrong - lol...
Thanks a bunch:)

Signe..."
.cab (cabinet) files are meant to be downloaded (or sideloaded from your PC) directly to the device (they are NOT Zip files). Once they are on your device, you tap on the file to open and install them.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)