• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: WIFI Problem with HTC S710This is a featured thread

kasmaq

kasmaq
WIFI Problem with HTC S710
Mar 17 2009, 9:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 9:08 AM EDT
Dear Friends,

I have bought a new HTC S710. I am facing problem in connecting to the WIFI... here is the scenario...

When I switch on the wifi, it searches the available networks and shows my WIFI network.
I select the network and then provide the settings like network key etc (I have tried different settings)
when i finish settings it tries to connect to the network and at the end (after 5-10 seconds) it switches off the phone automatically.
I have to HARD REBOOT the set by removing the battery.

Please tell me why i m unable to connect to the WIFI even my laptop is connected to the same network perfectly.

Please gurus help me.

thanks,
Kashif M
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: HTC S710 WiFi disconnects
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: WIFI Problem with HTC S710
Mar 17 2009, 9:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 9:15 AM EDT
"Dear Friends,

I have bought a new HTC S710. I am facing problem in connecting to the WIFI... here is the scenario...

When I switch on the wifi, it searches the available networks and shows my WIFI network.
I select the network and then provide the settings like network key etc (I have tried different settings)
when i finish settings it tries to connect to the network and at the end (after 5-10 seconds) it switches off the phone automatically.
I have to HARD REBOOT the set by removing the battery.

Please tell me why i m unable to connect to the WIFI even my laptop is connected to the same network perfectly.

Please gurus help me.

thanks,
Kashif M"
When you say "switches off the phone", do you mean that your device actually powers off?
To maintain a connection to wifi, try changing your Wireless LAN Power Mode to "Best Battery"; that helps me maintain my connections.
kasmaq

kasmaq
2. RE: WIFI Problem with HTC S710
Mar 17 2009, 9:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2009, 9:50 AM EDT
yes... device is get power off.

I have changed settings to best battery but same power off problem.

please help...
kasmaq

kasmaq
3. RE: WIFI Problem with HTC S710
Mar 18 2009, 1:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 18 2009, 1:25 AM EDT
GURUS... Please advise...

Thanks
kasmaq

kasmaq
4. RE: WIFI Problem with HTC S710
Mar 25 2009, 9:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
Waiting... Please advise

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)