• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Changing word order in predictive textThis is a featured thread

squelch41

squelch41
Changing word order in predictive text
Mar 9 2009, 9:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2009, 9:03 AM EDT
Hi,
I'm using a touch pro. when using predictive text, a number of words come up in really annoying orders for example if you type the keys for 'at', it predicts you want 'bt'.
Can you change to order or at least delete 'bt' from the dictionary?
Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
jfrazier16

jfrazier16
1. RE: Changing word order in predictive text
Jun 28 2009, 4:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2009, 4:53 PM EDT
yes you can! Go into a new message and slide out the keyboard. then Push FN spacebar. a sidebar should pop up. slide down to "my words" and open that. then you can delete all the words stored or just one. clcik menu then which ever one you wnat.
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
2. RE: Changing word order in predictive text
Monday, 8:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Monday, 8:46 PM EDT
"yes you can! Go into a new message and slide out the keyboard. then Push FN spacebar. a sidebar should pop up. slide down to "my words" and open that. then you can delete all the words stored or just one. clcik menu then which ever one you wnat."
I just tried it on my Tilt and it didn't work. Tilt and Touch Pro setups are pretty different. Do you perhaps know the path to the file that the spellcheck words are stored in?
sailingsajoy

sailingsajoy
3. RE: Changing word order in predictive text
Tuesday, 3:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Tuesday, 3:46 PM EDT
This definitely doesn't work on the VZ touch pro (when I push FN spacebar I get the Comm Mgr.) But I'd love to know how to do this if someone out there figures it out. I find the word completer/predictive text rather annoying b/c it is so bad. HP (iPAQ) had a great dictionary, even if you couldn't add to it.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)