• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: email problems with HTC touch proThis is a featured thread

bear44

bear44
email problems with HTC touch pro
Feb 23 2009, 7:10 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 23 2009, 7:10 PM EST
I am having email problems with my HTC Touch Pro. Gmail and Yahoo work OK, but my GoDaddy account will not allow me to send email. I get the new emails but will not work to send. Anyone else having similar probs with corporate email and the HTC Touch Pro?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: email problems with HTC touch pro
Feb 26 2009, 1:27 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2009, 1:27 PM EST
"I am having email problems with my HTC Touch Pro. Gmail and Yahoo work OK, but my GoDaddy account will not allow me to send email. I get the new emails but will not work to send. Anyone else having similar probs with corporate email and the HTC Touch Pro?"
What error message do you get when you try to send? Microsoft released a patch for issues sending SMTP email: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9d71b2e-d2dd-44f2-86e5-1e53aad7fb7a&displaylang=en
bear44

bear44
2. RE: email problems with HTC touch pro
Feb 26 2009, 4:39 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2009, 4:39 PM EST
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out
bdelagarza
bdelagarza
3. RE: email problems with HTC touch pro
Feb 26 2009, 6:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2009, 6:52 PM EST
I have the same issue, we have 11 of the touch pro's and all of them have this problem, I have downloaded the MS fix and we still have the problem. I believe it has something to do with the smtp settings, with GoDaddy port 3535 would be normal. But when setting up the mail account on this phone there is no way to set your own port, it is automatically done through MS6.1 if anyone knows how to get into the port settings, please fill me in. . .
bdelagarza
bdelagarza
4. RE: email problems with HTC touch pro
Feb 27 2009, 9:06 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2009, 9:06 AM EST
Try going into you email settings and set the smtp port 3535, (Just put the port after the server name like this:
smtpout.secureserver.net:3535) it seemed to work on the one unit I'm testing now.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
bear44

bear44
5. RE: email problems with HTC touch pro
Feb 27 2009, 3:55 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 27 2009, 3:55 PM EST
I tried using the 3535 at the end of the smtpout setting, but I am still getting "The messages(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."
Still very frustrated by this whole thing. So much for staying connected with Sprint!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)