• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Ringer Changing ModesReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

Balkstar
Ringer Changing Modes
Feb 11 2009, 2:14 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 2:14 PM EST
My Tilt changes the ringer setting without being touched, and for some unknown reason it changes to silent. This happens to me using the sound controls installed with the WM6.1 patch. When I have automatic selected, it will change the sound mode to silent when on a voice call. I'd like it to stay on automatic, and have no idea why it switches like that. Is it a bug in the new selector? Can some programmer let me know?
Do you find this valuable?    

drroycejohnson
1. RE: Ringer Changing Modes
Apr 1 2009, 12:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2009, 12:46 PM EDT
For what it's worth, my AT&T Tilt does the same thing but it runs the native 6.1 rom, no patches that I am aware of. I used to think it was something to do with MS Voice Command, but I ahve axed that and the mode-switching continues. Cannot find any asistance on the web to resolve it. If I do I will be sure to post it here. Do you find this valuable?    

diehardmason
2. RE: Ringer Changing Modes
Apr 8 2009, 5:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
I hit the scroll wheel on the left side of the phone and it changes the ringer. It doesn't take much and you seldom ever notice you hit the button. Do you find this valuable?    

drroycejohnson
3. RE: Ringer Changing Modes
Apr 8 2009, 8:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2009, 8:52 PM EDT
I thought about that one too, but my Tilt is in an aluminum case and the scroll wheel is guarded by it, not completely so it is still a possibility. I also seem to notice that the phone goes to silent mode when it have just been sitting on my desk, another indicator that it's doing it by itself. I suspect some interaction between notifications generating requests for the audio services and Voice Command which does indeed play games iwth the volume settings - eg., as VC goes thorugh it's sequencing of listen-respond-listen the speaker icon changes from a speaker to the speaker+X and back. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)