• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Issues with the new Sound manager for the at&t Tilt with WM 6.1This is a featured thread

Balkstar

Balkstar
Issues with the new Sound manager for the at&t Tilt with WM 6.1
Feb 11 2009, 2:09 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 11 2009, 2:09 PM EST
I upgraded my Tilt to WM 6.1. I have been using the new functionality of the new OS, including the added Sound Manager that manages the ringer type. I have chosen to use the Automatic setting on the manager to allow the phone to automatically switch the ringer from Normal (audio) to Vibrate based on Calendar entries on the phones, which is very handy for me.

One thing I am irritated about is that the Manager will automatically switch to vibrate, no matter what the Calendar entries are, including if the entry is set to status is Free. This means that during holidays or extended vacations, the phone is set to vibrate the entire day, which is rather annoying. Obviously, I can manually set the ringer mode to Normal (audio), but it is obviously very inconvenient to change that all the time, and I hate being woken up in the middle of the night for alerts of automated spam emails that get sent out in the middle of the night when I forget to switch to vibrate.

Is there a plan to add more intelligence into that program (i.e do not switch modes for Calendar entries that have the Status set to Free)?

Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)