• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: How do I properly upgrade the firmware on my HTC TouchPro?This is a featured thread

StuartElliott01

StuartElliott01
How do I properly upgrade the firmware on my HTC TouchPro?
Jan 31 2009, 4:18 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2009, 4:18 PM EST
Hello..i'm new to the site and kind of a new HTC user...I have the Touch Pro..ROM version 1.03.605.4/ ROM Date: 10/1/08...It's put out by Verizon.
I was hoping someone could guide me ....the phone is great but everything is really slow..any suggestions?
Appreciate your input and support ..good to be part of this community
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: How do I properly upgrade the firmware on my HTC TouchPro?
Feb 5 2009, 5:52 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 5:52 PM EST
"Hello..i'm new to the site and kind of a new HTC user...I have the Touch Pro..ROM version 1.03.605.4/ ROM Date: 10/1/08...It's put out by Verizon.
I was hoping someone could guide me ....the phone is great but everything is really slow..any suggestions?
Appreciate your input and support ..good to be part of this community"
A ROM update has not been released for the Verizon Touch Pro yet, it was just launched a little while ago.
When there is a ROM update for the device, it will be posted http://www.htc.com/us/faq_detail.aspx?p_id=207&act=faq&cat=0

As far as the sluggishness on your device, this is common on Windows Mobile Devices if the memory is low or a 3rd party application isnt playing nice.
To free up memory:
Move large files, photos, music, etc to a storage card.
Install 3rd party applications on the storage card.
Clear your browser history and temp files:
Opera Mobile
Go to: Home Screen>Internet icon>Browser.
Menu Icon>Settings>Privacy.

Internet Explorer
Go to Start>Internet Explorer>Menu>Tools>Options>Memory Tab.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)