• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Shift X9501 DEAD. HTC have it since 3 months still not repaired!!This is a featured thread

angeunique
angeunique
HTC Shift X9501 DEAD. HTC have it since 3 months still not repaired!!
Jan 23 2009, 2:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 2:07 PM EST
I sent my HTC Shift X9501 for repair after bought 3 weeks before. HTC have it since 3 months ago! They told me MAYBE it's the grafic card defective, after a week, saying MAYBE it's the screen defect. They have it since 3 months ago. After 3 phones and 2 emails; they told me, to WAIT more weeks for repair on garantee. To do not comunicate anymore, to wait for the company comunicate me later, because if i intend to hurry up, they will charge me! So that HTC SHIT (oh! i did a mistake, i want to said: That HTC SHIFT 9501 is problematical. It begins after 2 and half weeks i bought new at Expansys, i phoned and wroted the screen, shows vertical lines stripes: Yellow, blue and red on all the screen. I plugged the USB adapter included in the box. The battery came hot when i pulled out that adapter, the plastic inside the USB socket came out, the battery camevery hot! The USB socket came also very hot, it begins to melt the plastic, i fast unplugged the battery. I saw the plstic separator inside the socket was out and 2 of the 4 pins inside USB was touching one to other, making short circuit. I had a lot of UMPC's without any trouble, it's the first one with so problems! They told me they will send me a RMA to send back after 10 days i received a RMA but for HTC in Indianapolis, Indiana, i sent it there, registered UPS. What to do now? I lost it? They are very bad...for a big company! I paid a lot for that lemon! $1500.USD. I live in Canada, the law does not protect the seller, i cannot pay $1000. of attorney! How can i get repaired on garantee or a complete refund or another one in exchange?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: HTC Shift X9501 DEAD. HTC have it since 3 months still not repaired!!
Jan 23 2009, 3:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 3:14 PM EST
"I sent my HTC Shift X9501 for repair after bought 3 weeks before. HTC have it since 3 months ago! They told me MAYBE it's the grafic card defective, after a week, saying MAYBE it's the screen defect. They have it since 3 months ago. After 3 phones and 2 emails; they told me, to WAIT more weeks for repair on garantee. To do not comunicate anymore, to wait for the company comunicate me later, because if i intend to hurry up, they will charge me! So that HTC SHIT (oh! i did a mistake, i want to said: That HTC SHIFT 9501 is problematical. It begins after 2 and half weeks i bought new at Expansys, i phoned and wroted the screen, shows vertical lines stripes: Yellow, blue and red on all the screen. I plugged the USB adapter included in the box. The battery came hot when i pulled out that adapter, the plastic inside the USB socket came out, the battery camevery hot! The USB socket came also very hot, it begins to melt the plastic, i fast unplugged the battery. I saw the plstic separator inside the socket was out and 2 of the 4 pins inside USB was touching one to other, making short circuit. I had a lot of UMPC's without any trouble, it's the first one with so problems! They told me they will send me a RMA to send back after 10 days i received a RMA but for HTC in Indianapolis, Indiana, i sent it there, registered UPS. What to do now? I lost it? They are very bad...for a big company! I paid a lot for that lemon! $1500.USD. I live in Canada, the law does not protect the seller, i cannot pay $1000. of attorney! How can i get repaired on garantee or a complete refund or another one in exchange? "
If the USB PIN's are bent, the motherboard will have to be replaces.
Bent USB PIN's are not covered under the warranty as they are physical damage that is caused by attempting to plug in the USB upside down, at an angle and of course using a non OEM accessory.

The result of bent USB PIN's can be (but are not limited to):
Inability to charge but not sync.
Inability to sync but not charge.
Inability to sync or charge
Charging issues (much like the one you have with it getting hot. Basically the PIN's that are touching each other are trying to charge each other.)

As for the response from HTC Repairs, I dont know what to tell you there but more than likely, the parts to repair the device would have to be ordered from Taiwan since this device isnt being offered by the US Carriers. Perhaps that is what is taking so long?

As for a refund or exchange, those arent Warranty options...I think that you should call the RMA folks and ask to speak to a Manager if you are not getting the details as to what is going on with your device from the reps.
Do you find this valuable?    
angeunique
angeunique
2. RE: HTC Shift X9501 DEAD. HTC have it since 3 months still not repaired!!
Jan 23 2009, 10:43 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2009, 10:43 PM EST
"If the USB PIN's are bent, the motherboard will have to be replaces.
Bent USB PIN's are not covered under the warranty as they are physical damage that is caused by attempting to plug in the USB upside down, at an angle and of course using a non OEM accessory.

The result of bent USB PIN's can be (but are not limited to):
Inability to charge but not sync.
Inability to sync but not charge.
Inability to sync or charge
Charging issues (much like the one you have with it getting hot. Basically the PIN's that are touching each other are trying to charge each other.)

As for the response from HTC Repairs, I dont know what to tell you there but more than likely, the parts to repair the device would have to be ordered from Taiwan since this device isnt being offered by the US Carriers. Perhaps that is what is taking so long?

As for a refund or exchange, those arent Warranty options...I think that you should call the RMA folks and ask to speak to a Manager if you are not getting the details as to what is going on with your device from the reps.
"
I DID NOT connected reversed. I said (Maybe because i'm French speaking here in Quebec, that no understand well). I explained the little plastic bar inside the socket, came out when i unplugged the USB adapter came with the HTC. I did not saw the small plastic came out, it's when i plugged back a day after, it came hot the battery and USB socket, i taked out the battery, but the pins were shorts. The USB socket is integrated part of the chassis, it's NOT an accessory! I did NOT commit ANY fault! I use for $45000. of equipment. I have a music studio and my work is CD producer also printing business. The HTC shift it's not for my work, it's for my travels holidays and when i go to see my family. I am enough knower to never plug a USB reversed! Now, you know, it's serious, not fault from me. But the 3 months bad service and bad treatment from that company it's awfully after 3 months! C'est pas comique du tout! ¡No es comico para nada señor! What's going on for that problem. The company don't respect the customer. So, it's a $1500. lost. That's why the company is so rich and this not helping the economic crisis! Better a Wibrain, i getted for only $400. It's working so smothly and have a real GPS working. But i i wont let this problem in silence!
angeunique
angeunique
3. RE: HTC Shift X9501 DEAD. HTC have it since 3 months still not repaired!!
Jan 27 2009, 8:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 27 2009, 8:07 PM EST
IT'S IMPOSIBLE to plug USB reversed. I was at CES, in Las Vegas this month and i contacted the company and i tooked photos, it's the company they put inside the WI-FI in this model. He said it's imposible to plug USB reversed. It won't enter. HTC try to say anything to piss on the garantee. I found very inapproprietad Expansys (Expansive!) they tooked some days to respond...they passed 2 days to respond. So, they where pleased to said, now, we are no more responsive, they turn me to HTC in Indianapolis. I shipped prompt, they have it since 3 months, saying this week...they are still looking for what is the problem! They are awaiting for parts. I asked, they are awaiting for parts, would be respect of the garantee? He responded: "I don't know!" It's very very strange! I received, no phone, no email, nothing since 3 months. If they lost this "lemon" they must have insurance? Maybe (a joke) they try to put 3 USB sockets! A thing is sure, and iù,m not joking: It's not professional at all. Even a small poor store would not act like this! Does a law can help me without having to pay lawer. I would like better, one of the 3 solutions: 1) repaired on garantee. 2) refurbished one replacement 3)Complete refund. They don't respond when i call, they listen and they are mute. No respond. I'm professional, and i never plugged USB reversed, with all my music studio and CD & production. I have 8 printers and 5 computers. I am in computing for 20 years. First time i met a company so bad. It is NOT opinion, IT IS FACT.
angeunique
angeunique
4. RE: HTC Shift X9501 DEAD. HTC have it since 3 months still not repaired!!
Mar 20 2009, 11:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 20 2009, 11:37 PM EDT
AFTER 5 months...on guarantee, i received refurbished the HTC Shift X9501 last week! So long! But repaired...and now i annonced at ebay, i try to sell half price, but nobody wants it! I see HTC Shift losted a lot of value, but more than i think! But look it and if you want it at half price, it's your.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)