• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Reassigning Fuze ButtonsThis is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts
Markrkan
Markrkan
Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jan 17 2009, 1:05 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 1:05 PM EST
The Fuze only allows reassignment of a single button, the talk button. On my Tilt, after updating to WM 6.1, I could reassign several buttons, including and most importantly, the PTT button. Given that few people actually use the PTT service (no one I know with ATT uses it), I wish ATT would uppdate the software to change this. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Fuze PTT Button reassign
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jan 17 2009, 3:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 3:36 PM EST
"The Fuze only allows reassignment of a single button, the talk button. On my Tilt, after updating to WM 6.1, I could reassign several buttons, including and most importantly, the PTT button. Given that few people actually use the PTT service (no one I know with ATT uses it), I wish ATT would uppdate the software to change this."
That may be something that we could see in the next software release. in the mean time, you can Edit the registry.

Do you find this valuable?    
Markrkan
Markrkan
2. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jan 17 2009, 4:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 4:48 PM EST
"in the mean time, you can Edit the registry.

"
I am just dangerous enough to probably screw that one up if I did it... unless you know a simple way. Do you find this valuable?    

fuzer
3. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jan 17 2009, 9:52 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2009, 9:52 PM EST
Hello,

I wish it was easier to change the PTT button. I will also be nice to be able to change or atleast re-order the shortcut buttons on the 3Dflo icons. I would prefer to have the browser on the first 4 ... rather then people or at&t apps! I figure I can jump to people by typing the name of the person or by using voicedialing or by pressing talk button.

How does one edit the registry in winmo ?

Glapsides
4. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jun 8 2009, 12:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2009, 12:05 AM EDT
Read this article. It will tell you HOW TO Disable PTT

http://htcblogger.com/2009/06/07/how-to-disable-the-ptt-button-on-your-att-fuze-htc-diamond-touch-pro/
Markrkan
Markrkan
5. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jun 8 2009, 4:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2009, 4:43 PM EDT
"Read this article. It will tell you HOW TO Disable PTT

http://htcblogger.com/2009/06/07/how-to-disable-the-ptt-button-on-your-att-fuze-htc-diamond-touch-pro/"
THANKS!!!!!!!! Do you find this valuable?    
VolsFan
VolsFan
6. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jun 9 2009, 12:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 9 2009, 12:00 AM EDT
"Hello,

I wish it was easier to change the PTT button. I will also be nice to be able to change or atleast re-order the shortcut buttons on the 3Dflo icons. I would prefer to have the browser on the first 4 ... rather then people or at&t apps! I figure I can jump to people by typing the name of the person or by using voicedialing or by pressing talk button.

How does one edit the registry in winmo ? "
The new ROM for the Fuze allows you to change the PTT button to a program of your choice. You can download it here:
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=198&cat=2&dl_id=553

tfieldho
7. RE: Reassigning Fuze Buttons
Jun 11 2009, 1:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 11 2009, 1:37 AM EDT
The new ROM does allow you to remap the PTT button but only to a single program. You'll still need to change things manually if you want to map something to the PTT long press as well. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)