• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Need Help with Unlocked Tilt 8925 ---- can't send or receive MMS msgs!

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T MMS Settings Tilt

Watch
bledwards80

bledwards80
Need Help with Unlocked Tilt 8925 ---- can't send or receive MMS msgs!
Friday, 3:27 PM EST
I just got an unlocked Tilt 8925 yesterday and I love the phone however I use AT&T and everything works fine except for my MMS messaging. I have spent multiple hrs so far on the phone with Customer Service and amazingly while I was on the line with the CSR I received 2 MMS messages, but could not send any, after she transferred me to tech support, it again completely stopped working. Also it is weird but for the size AT&T says their settings should be set to 600k however mine will only let me choose 100, 200 or 300k and mine has WAP settings as well as an option and has WAP 2.0 or WAP 1.2.

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!!!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Need Help with Unlocked Tilt 8925 ---- can't send or receive MMS msgs!
Friday, 5:07 PM EST
"I just got an unlocked Tilt 8925 yesterday and I love the phone however I use AT&T and everything works fine except for my MMS messaging. I have spent multiple hrs so far on the phone with Customer Service and amazingly while I was on the line with the CSR I received 2 MMS messages, but could not send any, after she transferred me to tech support, it again completely stopped working. Also it is weird but for the size AT&T says their settings should be set to 600k however mine will only let me choose 100, 200 or 300k and mine has WAP settings as well as an option and has WAP 2.0 or WAP 1.2.

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!!!"
As long as you have the feature on your service for MMS, the following settings should work:
Server Name: Cingular MMS
Gateway: wireless.cingular.com
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Connect via: MEdia Net
Sending size limitation: 300k
WAP Version: WAP 2.0

The Tilt doesnt support the 600K limit, the max is 300K.
On another note, from time to time no matter which Windows Mobile device I am using, when I try to download an incoming MMS, I get "Forbidden", if I soft reset and try again, the MMS comes down as it should. No one at AT&T has been able to tell me why I get this message...
bledwards80

bledwards80
RE: Need Help with Unlocked Tilt 8925 ---- can't send or receive MMS m
Yesterday, 5:58 AM EST
Ok I have my settings done exactly like this, and it will connect to it, start to do the download and then it just kicks back off....I have had TWO successful INCOMING messages but have yet to be able to send any MMS messages. It connects to MEdia Net then it just boots itself right back off, when I was on the phone with the rep yesterday it actually would connect start to download/upload and then get stuck. This is becoming very annoying because noone at ATT has figured it out and I have read thread after thread trying to get this situation resolved!!! Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Yesterday, 7:45 AM EST
Try this, I am running a different rom now but this worked for me in the past.

denco7
denco7
Yesterday, 7:46 AM EST
"Try this, I am running a different rom now but this worked for me in the past.

"
Sorry

http://www.4shared.com/file/69425427/7fd97098/Att_Internet_n_MMS_settings.html?dirPwdVerified=a91684e0
bledwards80

bledwards80
Yesterday, 8:20 AM EST
ok I actually found some info on ATT's site and have got my phone back to being able to receive MMS messages, and its attempting to send them however I have yet to get one to sucessfully get to 100% and actually send....the highest its gotten is 78% and then it sits there.....I know I can't send a file larger than 300k so I have just been trying pics that are about 20-25k....any idea why I am able to receive but cannot send???? Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors