• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Broken HTC Screen

Watch
khataf

khataf
Broken HTC Screen
Jan 7 2009, 11:46 AM EST
The screen of my HTC Diamond has been broken, and the touch screen damaged, now I try to sync my pc pocket with my laptop to transfer my data & files, but it ask me to unlock the mobile first, I know the password but I can't access the screen and also I can't input the password through the laptop. Is there any way to transfer files?! or at least to unlock the htc and then sync via actives sync....please I really need help on this..... Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Broken HTC Screen
Jan 7 2009, 3:09 PM EST
"The screen of my HTC Diamond has been broken, and the touch screen damaged, now I try to sync my pc pocket with my laptop to transfer my data & files, but it ask me to unlock the mobile first, I know the password but I can't access the screen and also I can't input the password through the laptop. Is there any way to transfer files?! or at least to unlock the htc and then sync via actives sync....please I really need help on this....."
Unfortunately, since you cant see the screen and there isnt a Hardware Keyboard, there really isnt a way that you can enter your password to unlock your device.
There also isnt a Password override; the only way to get past the password is to Hard Reset the device which of course will delete all of the data that you are trying to back up.
One option may be to find a 3rd party repair center that specializes in data recovery (this wont be the HTC Repair Center as their focus is on repair not recovery) and see what the $$ would be for them to try to retrieve your data.
Do you find this valuable?    
khataf

khataf
RE: Broken HTC Screen
Jan 7 2009, 10:58 PM EST
Thank you for response.... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors