• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: How to changed the Message tone on the HTC P3600Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

Posted Anonymously
How to changed the Message tone on the HTC P3600
Jan 6 2009, 12:22 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2009, 12:22 PM EST
I have downloaded several tones and copied it on the Windows folder, it shows there but when I go to Sounds and Notification, it does not show on the list of the tones that can be chosen for "Message: Incoming" as well for other options, what should I do to make it the tones appear on the list. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: How to changed the Message tone on the HTC P3600
Jan 6 2009, 2:06 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2009, 2:06 PM EST
"I have downloaded several tones and copied it on the Windows folder, it shows there but when I go to Sounds and Notification, it does not show on the list of the tones that can be chosen for "Message: Incoming" as well for other options, what should I do to make it the tones appear on the list. "
On some of the devices, you need to have wav files for alerts such as these. On other devices, you need to place them in the Sounds Folder within the Windows folder for them to show up in the list.
Try looking through the Windows Sub Folders to see where the default alerts are stored and then copy the custom alerts you want to that folder.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)