• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: bluetooth ringtones!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

Posted Anonymously
bluetooth ringtones!
Dec 27 2008, 5:13 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2008, 5:13 PM EST
i was wondering if there is anyway possible that you can send ringtones via bluetooth. I
was searching the internet, and I could not find a answer whatsoever! It says something about beam, but what is beam? Am confused, any help would be appreciated!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: bluetooth ringtones
denco7
denco7
1. RE: bluetooth ringtones!
Dec 27 2008, 5:49 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2008, 5:49 PM EST
"i was wondering if there is anyway possible that you can send ringtones via bluetooth. I
was searching the internet, and I could not find a answer whatsoever! It says something about beam, but what is beam? Am confused, any help would be appreciated! "
Yes of course, ringtones are a file like any other file. Back in the days , before Bluetooth, files and info were transferred by means of an infra red beam. The two devices devices had to be aligned with the infra red ports facing each other so the beam could be sent and received, hence " beaming ", In the disappearance of infra red and the emergence of bluetooth, beaming has come to mean transferring files by Bluetooth.
I just had this arguement yesterday with my son who insisted beaming was bluetooth, ( which now it is ) but i felt obliged to at least try to educate him.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)