• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Laptop connect via HTC FuzeThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Laptop connect via HTC Fuze
Dec 26 2008, 1:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 1:45 PM EST
I would like to use my HTC fuze to connect to internet and us ethe phone as a 3G moedm. How can I do this?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Laptop connect via HTC Fuze
Dec 28 2008, 10:35 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2008, 10:35 PM EST
"I would like to use my HTC fuze to connect to internet and us ethe phone as a 3G moedm. How can I do this?"
First you will need a tethering plan with AT&T (wont work without one, you'll get a message that The Remote Party has ended the connection).
Next, connect your Fuze to your PC (USB or BT, I use USB to conserve battery).
On your device go to Start>Programs>Internet Sharing and tap on Connect.
luvjones2540

luvjones2540
2. RE: Laptop connect via HTC Fuze
Friday, 5:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Friday, 5:02 PM EDT
I was told the same thing by AT&T, but I found an answer that didn't require a tethering plan. Let me say that I'm using the HTC TyTn (8525), but the instructions are not phone dependant, nor seem to matter which version of WM you have. So with that, here's a link to the page I used....please let me know if it works 'cause I'm considering getting the Fuze, but not being able to connect it to my laptop would be a bit of a deal breaker.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/totalaccess/columns/windows-mobile-laptop-internet-access.mspx
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: Laptop connect via HTC Fuze
Monday, 1:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Monday, 1:43 PM EDT
"I was told the same thing by AT&T, but I found an answer that didn't require a tethering plan. Let me say that I'm using the HTC TyTn (8525), but the instructions are not phone dependant, nor seem to matter which version of WM you have. So with that, here's a link to the page I used....please let me know if it works 'cause I'm considering getting the Fuze, but not being able to connect it to my laptop would be a bit of a deal breaker.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/totalaccess/columns/windows-mobile-laptop-internet-access.mspx"
The AT&T 8525 does not require a Laptop Connect plan to tether (although your service Terms and Conditions do) Starting with the HTC Fuze, AT&T added a registry setting that prevents tethering without the correct data plan and triggers the error message " The Remote Party has ended the connection."
luvjones2540

luvjones2540
4. RE: Laptop connect via HTC Fuze
Monday, 7:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Monday, 7:42 PM EDT
So, what are you saying...will the instructions I used work with the Fuze or not???