Sync problem with non-existant appointment
Dec 26 2008, 9:10 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 9:10 AM EST
Everytime I sync my Sprint Mogul, it returns the following error:
The following appointments failed to synchronize from the device:
1. Subject: Pay Estimated Taxes
Time: 15-Sep-08 00.00
Duration: 1440 minutes

Support Code:1

The problem is that this appointment (while it used to be on my Mogul) has been deleted. I've tried creating it again and deleting it, but that didn't fix the problem. If it were a problem on the computer side, I could try scanpst.exe. Is there an equivalent, or another fix, for the PDA side?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Sync problem with non-existant appointment
Dec 26 2008, 9:35 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 9:35 AM EST
There is no application (that i am aware of) that performs that function...

Have you tried starting again with regards to the partnership? Delete the partnership on both the PC and device... see what it does.

If you simply can not get rid of it, or identify the cause, prepare yourself for a hard reset...

Anonymous
2. RE: Sync problem with non-existant appointment
Dec 26 2008, 11:39 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2008, 11:39 AM EST
I tried that. When I set up the partnership again, I chose replace info on my device with my computer, and the problem still somehow shows up. Maybe if I could simply delete all the calendar info from the device and then resync it would work. Is that possible?
pmhknox

pmhknox
3. RE: Sync problem with non-existant appointment
Jan 24 2009, 3:47 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 3:47 AM EST
I have had the same problem. It started after Sprint upgraded my Mogul to Mobile 6.1. Did not have the problem on Mobile v5. I hope you find an answer as I am in the same boat and could use any help.
PaulN1
PaulN1
4. RE: Sync problem with non-existant appointment
Jan 29 2009, 4:02 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 29 2009, 4:02 AM EST
I also have this issue with my xv6800 since the 6.1 upgrade. There is 1 appointment that just doesn't want to go away...even though I can't find it on the phone or in Outlook. Here is the error (with the name changed to protect the inocent):

The following appointments failed to synchronize from the device:
1. Subject: Joe Smoe's Birthday
Time: 4/21/05 12:00 AM
Duration: 1440 minutes

I've searched and it appears that others are having the same issue with different devices. I've tried several different "fixes" that haven't worked.

If anyone finds a way to clear this so it doesn't look for something that doesn't exist...please let me know.

Thanks
PaulN1
PaulN1
5. RE: Sync problem with non-existant appointment
Jan 31 2009, 1:53 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2009, 1:53 AM EST
I found the solution to my problem after many hours of lost sleep... Now it seems so simple...

In Outlook on both the machines and the two different accounts I am syncing with (direct Exchange push at work, and personal Outlook account at home), I changed the view of my calendar, sorted by subject, and deleted the bad appointment. Here was how:

OL 2007 at home:
In folder list view I highlight the calendar in the left "All Folders" pane.
On the View menu, select "Current View", and then "By Category".
When the category view is shown in the right pane click on the column header for subject to sort by that field.
Scroll down to find the subject you are looking for...in your case "Pay Extimated Taxes"...and...you probably want to delete it (I did and then recreated what I wanted new).

In OL 2003 at work the only difference was when I clicked on the View menu I then clicked on "Arrange By" and then "Current View", followed by "By Category". Everything else was the same.

To put your calendar back the way it was follow the same procedure but put it back to "Day/Week/Month".

It is kind of funny...even though my appointment was originally set for 4/21/05, there was still an instance on the calendar set to reoccur 144 years in the future from the original appointment.

Anyway...Hope that helps.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)