• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Gps soft ware

Keyword tags: gps

Watch

Anonymous
Gps soft ware
Dec 22 2008, 7:42 PM EST
does anybody can tell me how can i make my GPS work because in our country they sell the touch pro without GPS software
please guys anybody can help?
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
RE: Gps soft ware
Jan 4 2009, 8:21 PM EST
There are several stand alone GPS programs. I use Pharos Software called Ostia. (www.pharosgps.com). I loaded the program on my Tilt and then loaded the Ostia Maps for Western United States including Hawaii. It took about 400K on my storage card.

I don't know what country you are in, so I can't be sure it will work for you. The newest version comes on an SD card, so you could just put it in your phone if their maps cover your country. It gives turn by turn directions. No data connection is required. I download QuickGPS satellite date once every 7 days. I use WiFi for that so I don't incur data costs. QuickGPS is built into the Tilt, so the weekly download helps the GPS chip find the satellites faster. Tom Tom also makes a system that will work on most PPCs, but I don't use that one so I can't advise you on it.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors