• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Problem with e-mail! Please! HELP!!!This is a featured thread

Anonymous
Problem with e-mail! Please! HELP!!!
Dec 22 2008, 2:14 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2008, 2:14 PM EST
Hi all, i realy need your help on my problem, its been a week or so, since i have diamond, and from the day 1 i was trying to solve this problem. I can not update e mail via gprs or edge, it says error sychronizing. However, it works fine via wifi. And internet is workign fine with gprs conection, so it means the settings are correct, but e mail app keeps giving me this error.
I use unlocked htc diamond us version on the att network? email account on gmail, and some others, none work.
Where must be a solution out where please help me
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Problem with e-mail! Please! HELP!!!
Dec 23 2008, 8:42 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2008, 8:42 PM EST
"Hi all, i realy need your help on my problem, its been a week or so, since i have diamond, and from the day 1 i was trying to solve this problem. I can not update e mail via gprs or edge, it says error sychronizing. However, it works fine via wifi. And internet is workign fine with gprs conection, so it means the settings are correct, but e mail app keeps giving me this error.
I use unlocked htc diamond us version on the att network? email account on gmail, and some others, none work.
Where must be a solution out where please help me "
What is the rest of the error message? There should be more that will give us an idea of what the issue is.
What isnt working for your ISP accounts (sending, receiving, etc)?
Are you using AT&T's outbound mail server or the one for your ISP? You shoudl be using AT&T's which is cwmx.com
More details so we can help!

Anonymous
2. RE: Problem with e-mail! Please! HELP!!!
Jan 5 2009, 9:31 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2009, 9:31 PM EST
"What is the rest of the error message? There should be more that will give us an idea of what the issue is.
What isnt working for your ISP accounts (sending, receiving, etc)?
Are you using AT&T's outbound mail server or the one for your ISP? You shoudl be using AT&T's which is cwmx.com
More details so we can help!"
I am having the same problem so I will elaborate.

If the email account is set up so that its advanced settings are "MEDIANET" (for example), then it will (as it should) attempt to connect to Medianet to download email regardless of whether a WIFI connection is available/connected. If the email account is set to "THE INTERNET" then the behaviour changes: If there is a WIFI connection, email will be checked via WIFI. if there is no WIFI connection, the phone does not even TRY to go out onto MediaNet or to connect to AT&T. Rather, it replies "error synchronizing" immediately (does not even try), and says "Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap Settings". Tapping settings brings up the MEDIANET and MY WORK NETWORK settings.

So the question is ... how does one get the phone to check email via WIFI if it is available, and via Internet if it isn't.

Thanks!
riku45100
riku45100
3. RE: Problem with e-mail! Please! HELP!!!
Feb 1 2009, 5:51 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 1 2009, 5:51 AM EST
Make sure you select the right settings for your mobile internet . Dont just select The Internet or Work unless these are your service provider setting, usual these dont have any setting in them, check the list for your service providers internet setting, so scroll down the list and select the correct one.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)