• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Touch ProThis is a featured thread

chelvanra

chelvanra
Touch Pro
Dec 3 2008, 2:13 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2008, 2:13 AM EST
I recently got a Touch Pro (I am in Bangalore, India), I want to know how to use Google Maps with GPS. I tried some tweaking & registry editing etc but no avail
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: gps touch pro
stonemountain

stonemountain
1. RE: Touch Pro Google Maps GPS
Dec 13 2008, 9:02 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2008, 9:02 AM EST
My google Maps at first could not activate GPS. I went to settings and saw what com and rate the GPS on the phone was set at (Com4 and rate about 4800 in my case). In google maps, go to menu->options-> GPS settings, I set it manually to the com and rate instead of "let Windows automatically configure. My GPS works fine but is a little slow with all programs (Google and Windows live). My car has GPS and compared to it, the phone shows where I was about 1 minute ago when I am driving on the highway. On smaller/slower roads, this 1 minute distance is shorter so is not as noticable, but it still is annoying.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)