• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Fuze - deleting songsThis is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

MMNeilitz
HTC Fuze - deleting songs
Nov 28 2008, 1:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 28 2008, 1:53 PM EST
I have been trying to delete the generic songs that came with the Fuze. Under properties for the songs, it tells you where the songs are located. I plugged the fuze into my laptop, found the files and deleted them, but they are still showing and playing on the fuze. I have turned the thing off/on a number of times, and also synched it with Windows Media Player on the laptop - which added the songs I wanted but did not remove the offending songs I'm trying to delete. Ideas? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: fuze songs

jodawi
1. RE: HTC Fuze - deleting songs
Nov 29 2008, 10:17 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2008, 10:17 PM EST
Start Menu - Programs - AT&T Music - Music Player - My Music
Select song to delete
Menu - Delete from Library - Yes to permanent delete
Stare in horror as nothing happens
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

jodawi
2. RE: HTC Fuze - deleting songs
Nov 29 2008, 11:25 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2008, 11:25 PM EST
OK, this seems to be the way:

Curse those who would take control of your music preferences. Ask room sarcastically if they're next going to control what you can put on your device too.

Unplug from USB, close music player or other programs that might be using the files.

Keyboard out, or whatever magic one must do to get horizontal display so long file names can be seen, which I haven't discovered yet.

Start menu - File Explorer
-or-
Programs tab - All Programs - Scroll way down until you find File Explorer

Navigate to:

My Device -> Music ->

Select folders or files - careful to not select Various Artists if you have added music. When in doubt, select individual files.

Menu -> Delete ->

Yes (and ignore dire warnings regarding deleting system files, but don't blame me if this ever causes you trouble, as I know nothing about eventual consequences; deleter beware).

Remove files from computer if they're there somehow, so they don't sync back into the device.

Go to music player and confirm that all are gone. Feel triumphant.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: HTC Fuze - deleting songs
Dec 2 2008, 12:00 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2008, 12:00 AM EST
jodawi. I DO feel triumphant! Thank You!! It's nice to be able to listen to my OWN music 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: HTC Fuze - deleting songs
Dec 27 2008, 9:15 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 27 2008, 9:15 PM EST
"OK, this seems to be the way:

Curse those who would take control of your music preferences. Ask room sarcastically if they're next going to control what you can put on your device too.

Unplug from USB, close music player or other programs that might be using the files.

Keyboard out, or whatever magic one must do to get horizontal display so long file names can be seen, which I haven't discovered yet.

Start menu - File Explorer
-or-
Programs tab - All Programs - Scroll way down until you find File Explorer

Navigate to:

My Device -> Music ->

Select folders or files - careful to not select Various Artists if you have added music. When in doubt, select individual files.

Menu -> Delete ->

Yes (and ignore dire warnings regarding deleting system files, but don't blame me if this ever causes you trouble, as I know nothing about eventual consequences; deleter beware).

Remove files from computer if they're there somehow, so they don't sync back into the device.

Go to music player and confirm that all are gone. Feel triumphant."
yea it doesn't work we deleted it on the computer but the music is still there we also tried doing it ur way , but it's still the same Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)