• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: music

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
music
Nov 25 2008, 7:33 PM EST
I am trying to make my music into ringtones on my htc fuze. I downloaded songs from myxertones.com and the file says it mp3. I dont know how to get them to ringtones. The user manual says to click and hold and then to click make it a ringtone, but that doesnt show up. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: music
Nov 26 2008, 1:42 PM EST
"I am trying to make my music into ringtones on my htc fuze. I downloaded songs from myxertones.com and the file says it mp3. I dont know how to get them to ringtones. The user manual says to click and hold and then to click make it a ringtone, but that doesnt show up."
The Fuze has a file size limit for ringtones as specified by AT&T; the limit is 600k (although I have seen smaller files impacted as well). Any audio file larger than that will not be available for selection under Sounds & Notifications.The work around is using File Explorer and then tapping and holding on the file and select Set as Ringtone from the pop up. This will set it as the ringtone but the file still will not show up under Sounds and Notifications. There is also a cab file floating around out there that gets you around this, do a search for it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 26 2008, 2:39 PM EST
use active sync, and move your songs into the ringtone folder in your phone. as for size limit, no. it'll run the whole song, but from the beginning. and play until your voice mail picks up. i have custom ringtones from my mp3's and it never asks for says size limit. they just have to be in the ringtone folder. :) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 28 2008, 12:32 PM EST
How do I do that? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2008, 4:57 AM EST
"How do I do that?"
yeah i'm so confused. i just got my fuze tonight and i played around with it all night!! almost damn near 5 hours. and i still couldn't get ringtones. i active synced my songs to my phone, but i can't find the songs anywhere. and i bought the 8gb sansdisk memory card and for some reason it says it's not installed. i don't know what's going on. any information from any of you will be most helpful! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 1 2008, 10:02 PM EST
you have to go to file explorer you can find it when you click on tools you go to where it says my documents then you click on my ringtones you should save all your music there then click and hold it then you should see at the bottom set as ringtone and your good 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Friday, 10:04 PM EST
"you have to go to file explorer you can find it when you click on tools you go to where it says my documents then you click on my ringtones you should save all your music there then click and hold it then you should see at the bottom set as ringtone and your good"
how do you do that? I can dL my songs into the phone but it goes into the library. I can't find what everyone keeps advising to put music in..that "ringtone" folder. also, what does active sync do? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: music..
Saturday, 6:49 AM EST
Ok, first of all active sync it the thing that is going to make this work. so once you have a sync handshake established plug your phone in through the usb cable. and then the active sync window will pop up on your computer and click the icon that says explore.
which will open up a new window.know select your music or ringtone and drag it over to that window and do not put it in any folder. and their you have it. now to select the that as your ringtone you need to on your phone go start--- settings-----sounds and notifications-----Notifications tab at the bottom of the screen-------and then select the drop down event tab and find Phone:incoming call and where it says Ring Tone scroll through and you will find your music as a option.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Saturday, 6:53 AM EST
in regard to the memory card. you have to format it on your device before it will find it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sunday, 2:08 AM EST
If u put the music file into u'r "my documents" folder it will show up as a ringer. Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors