• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch Pro PODCAST

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

ts10
ts10
HTC Touch Pro PODCAST
Nov 24 2008, 3:01 PM EST
Anyone know a good podcasting app that will work with my Sprint Touch Pro (Windows 6.1) that I can try before purchasing? I can't find any!

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
RE: HTC Touch Pro PODCAST
Nov 25 2008, 12:28 PM EST
"Anyone know a good podcasting app that will work with my Sprint Touch Pro (Windows 6.1) that I can try before purchasing? I can't find any!

Thanks!"
I know that once your Podcast are downloaded to your computer you should be able to deal with them like any music file. Just drag them into your HTC Touch Pro. However, there is any app that I can sync directly and just download to my phone, I would love to know about that as well. Thanks for posting this question. Do you find this valuable?    
AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
Dec 1 2008, 7:30 PM EST
ts10, I wanted to let you know that the Touch Pro (at least the Sprint Version) comes with software called RSS Hub, that will download Podcasts. I just set mine up today so I don't know how well it works yet. Have you used it? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 1 2008, 11:14 PM EST
"ts10, I wanted to let you know that the Touch Pro (at least the Sprint Version) comes with software called RSS Hub, that will download Podcasts. I just set mine up today so I don't know how well it works yet. Have you used it?"
Adam,

I did try that when I first got the PRO and it failed on each attempt. After getting your post I tried again for the heck of it and it worked! Thanks for the recommendation. Even HTC Tech Support said it would only work with 3rd party software. Thanks!
AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
Dec 2 2008, 12:39 PM EST
"Adam,

I did try that when I first got the PRO and it failed on each attempt. After getting your post I tried again for the heck of it and it worked! Thanks for the recommendation. Even HTC Tech Support said it would only work with 3rd party software. Thanks!"
You are welcome. It worked for me too. I was listening to it today. Hopefully it will bookmark where I left off on my podcast when I head home later this evening. :-) If not, then I may need to find software that will remember where I stopped listening. Do you find this valuable?    
ts10
ts10
Dec 5 2008, 4:53 PM EST
"You are welcome. It worked for me too. I was listening to it today. Hopefully it will bookmark where I left off on my podcast when I head home later this evening. :-) If not, then I may need to find software that will remember where I stopped listening."
Wow, it doesn't remember where you leave off! How frustrating! For such a great phone they really went soft on a lot of issues causing little inconveniences that could have been corrected. Do you find this valuable?    
AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
Dec 5 2008, 5:15 PM EST
"Wow, it doesn't remember where you leave off! How frustrating! For such a great phone they really went soft on a lot of issues causing little inconveniences that could have been corrected."
I agree. I wonder if this is a Windows Mobile app and not an HTC app. I think I may look into other podcasting software, that will hopefully remember where you left off. At least I hope some of them do that. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 13 2008, 12:11 PM EST
you really need to check out......
http://www.beyondpod.mobi/

it is a fantastic app and free!
jc
AdamTxPdx

AdamTxPdx
Dec 14 2008, 12:40 PM EST
"you really need to check out......
http://www.beyondpod.mobi/

it is a fantastic app and free!
jc"
Thank you for the tip. This looks like a player that will do what I want it to do. I will check it out.

I wrote the company that wrote the default RSS app on the HTC Touch Pro. They have a RSS player you can purchase, but a couple of weeks later I have heard nothing at all. I didn't get an automated email. I don't think I will be purchasing an app from a company that can't be bothered to communicate with their customers. HTC should consider dropping such a company.

I will check out the app you suggested.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors