• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange ServerThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Nov 22 2008, 7:01 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2008, 7:01 PM EST
We use Exchange Server ActiveSync to synchronize mobile phones with Exchange.

We synchronize perfectly both ways from devices to server and server to devices. We synchronize Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and e-mail with Windows Mobile devices, iPhones and Palm devices.

I upgraded one AT&T Tilt from WM6 to WM6.1 using HTC’s ROM Upgrade. After the upgrade, I get an error when synchronize with Exchange after I create appointments in the WM6.1 device or modify an existing one. The device received all updates from the Exchange Server but changes in the WM6.1 device return an error: “cannot synchronize appointment”

Has anybody seen this?
Any help is appreciated.

Eduardo Macias
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Nov 26 2008, 2:37 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2008, 2:37 PM EST
"We use Exchange Server ActiveSync to synchronize mobile phones with Exchange.

We synchronize perfectly both ways from devices to server and server to devices. We synchronize Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and e-mail with Windows Mobile devices, iPhones and Palm devices.

I upgraded one AT&T Tilt from WM6 to WM6.1 using HTC’s ROM Upgrade. After the upgrade, I get an error when synchronize with Exchange after I create appointments in the WM6.1 device or modify an existing one. The device received all updates from the Exchange Server but changes in the WM6.1 device return an error: “cannot synchronize appointment”

Has anybody seen this?
Any help is appreciated.

Eduardo Macias"
I, too have a problem with Appoinments entered on my Tilt. They will not sync back to the laptop. They appear in "Attention Required" after every sync. Can anyone help?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Nov 26 2008, 11:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2008, 11:22 PM EST
"I, too have a problem with Appoinments entered on my Tilt. They will not sync back to the laptop. They appear in "Attention Required" after every sync. Can anyone help?"
I, too have been having this problem since Daylight Savings time. It is correctable on a daily basis by chaning the time zone on the phone to something other than current and then changing back. It will sync for the rest of the day. I am looking for permanant solution.
Do you find this valuable?    
EMSATX

EMSATX
3. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Nov 27 2008, 12:20 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 27 2008, 12:20 PM EST
"I, too have been having this problem since Daylight Savings time. It is correctable on a daily basis by chaning the time zone on the phone to something other than current and then changing back. It will sync for the rest of the day. I am looking for permanant solution."
If I understand your work around:

You create an appointment in your mobile device and after it does not synch, then you change the time zone to something else and then back to your correct one and that fixes it (at least for a while)?

I had the same problem so I downgraded back to WM6.

If this work around works, I think it is worth to try it!!!

Anonymous
4. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 1 2008, 10:14 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 10:14 AM EST
Has this been fixed yet?? It's VERY annoying!!!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
EMSATX

EMSATX
5. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 1 2008, 11:28 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 11:28 AM EST
"Has this been fixed yet?? It's VERY annoying!!!"
I did the workaround as suggested. Now I am synchorizing both ways.

=> Very important: after you change the time zone to something else and back to your original,
disable the phone's "Automatic change time zone and clock".
You do this by going to Phone>Menu>Options>Time Zone Tab>Clear the Check box

Hopefully HTC fixes this soon.

BBWalter

BBWalter
6. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 2 2008, 12:02 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2008, 12:02 PM EST
"I did the workaround as suggested. Now I am synchorizing both ways.

=> Very important: after you change the time zone to something else and back to your original,
disable the phone's "Automatic change time zone and clock".
You do this by going to Phone>Menu>Options>Time Zone Tab>Clear the Check box

Hopefully HTC fixes this soon.

"
Thank you so much for this workaround. Not being able to sync new appointments created on my Tilt was driving me nuts. The workaround is kind of a drag, but at least it works. If anyone hears of a permanent solution to this problem, please post it to this thread.

Anonymous
7. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 2 2008, 5:17 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2008, 5:17 PM EST
I have the same problem with syncing calendar items. They download fine from the server, but I cannot upload apppointments new or changed appointments to the server. Here is a link to another thread with a solution:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4198926&SiteID=65

As you will see, you need to change your timezone to a non-daylight savings zone (like gmt -4 Manaus), sync, change the time zone back to your own, and then sync again.

It works for me on a one time basis (as in I have to redo it everytime I want to upload appointments), but other users have had their problem completely resolved.
Peterone
Peterone
8. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 2 2008, 8:41 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2008, 8:41 PM EST
"I have the same problem with syncing calendar items. They download fine from the server, but I cannot upload apppointments new or changed appointments to the server. Here is a link to another thread with a solution:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4198926&SiteID=65

As you will see, you need to change your timezone to a non-daylight savings zone (like gmt -4 Manaus), sync, change the time zone back to your own, and then sync again.

It works for me on a one time basis (as in I have to redo it everytime I want to upload appointments), but other users have had their problem completely resolved.
"
I tried all the “solutions” - they stop working for instance after shutting off your phone. I want to add this comment to show the growing number of people having that problem. I hope that htc comes up with a solution.

Anonymous
9. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 4 2008, 1:08 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 4 2008, 1:08 AM EST
Solution found!

I just bought a BlackBerry Bold... awesome device, Bye Bye Windows Mobile! I've struggled with you for 5 years, and i'm done!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
10. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 11 2008, 4:31 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2008, 4:31 PM EST
"We use Exchange Server ActiveSync to synchronize mobile phones with Exchange.

Has anybody seen this?
Any help is appreciated.

Eduardo Macias"
Yes, we have seen wide spread issues with calendar sync, however it is also on other non-activesync accounts which lead us to believe it is on the device, rather the way the device is syncing with Exchange. we feel it has something to do with a corrupted character or symbol being used that exchange does not recognize or has problems with.
We have seen this occur only when creating a calendar event on the device.

Anonymous
11. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 12 2008, 3:41 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2008, 3:41 PM EST
"Yes, we have seen wide spread issues with calendar sync, however it is also on other non-activesync accounts which lead us to believe it is on the device, rather the way the device is syncing with Exchange. we feel it has something to do with a corrupted character or symbol being used that exchange does not recognize or has problems with.
We have seen this occur only when creating a calendar event on the device. "
I am also having this problem. Cannot synchronize anything with the exchange calendar if it was created on my device. There are no corrupt characters in "Test", are there?

Anonymous
12. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Dec 12 2008, 3:45 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 12 2008, 3:45 PM EST
"I am also having this problem. Cannot synchronize anything with the exchange calendar if it was created on my device. There are no corrupt characters in "Test", are there?"
Also, in activesync my device will not say "connected." Also, my battery is exhausted very quickly since upgrading to 6.1 And, I have had error 3033 in the event logs on the Exchange Server, indicating a heartbeat /timeout issue.
oohgodyeah

oohgodyeah
13. RE: AT&T Tilt WM6.1 Calendar does not synchronize with Exchange Server
Feb 2 2009, 8:20 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2009, 8:20 AM EST
After some extensive searching, I finally found the instructions that "permanently" resolves this calendar sync issue for AT&T Tilt (HTC 8929) WM6.1 Roms. My own testing confirmed that disabling the 'automatic time zone change' option is the key to retaining the settings in between phone reboots. I placed emphasis on permanently because another DST update to the ROM could render these steps useless.

These steps are taken from http://mobilitysite.com/2009/01/have-an-att-tilt-running-wm61-and-your-calendar-entries-are-not-syncing-over-the-air-to-exchange/:

- Go to: Start > Settings, tap on Phone, then switch to the Time zone tab and Uncheck the box to auto adjust for daylight savings time, then OK to save.
- Returning to the Settings screen, change to the System Tab, tap on Clock & Alarms (You can access this also by returning to your Today screen and tapping on the Time or Clock plug-in.
- Change your Time Zone to GMT 0 London, Dublin.
- Sync to the server wirelessly via ActiveSync.
- After a successful sync return to the Clock settings and change back to your current Time Zone.
- Sync to the server wirelessly via ActiveSync.

- oohgodyeah
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)