• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?This is a featured thread

Anonymous
Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Nov 21 2008, 5:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2008, 5:18 PM EST
I thought I had seen a previous review that mentioned that it did come with BB Connect but that may have been a non-US / non-AT&T version. Thanks for any info that people can provide
Do you find this valuable?    
pem325

pem325
1. RE: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Nov 24 2008, 1:27 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2008, 1:27 PM EST
It shows in messaging that it does and AT&T sells a BB Connect plan. You have to get the software from the internet as neither HTC nor AT&T have it. I am running it on my new Fuze with no issues. you have to go to www.sems.org and download .103 version which is the newest and it will work.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Nov 25 2008, 7:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 7:43 PM EST
"I thought I had seen a previous review that mentioned that it did come with BB Connect but that may have been a non-US / non-AT&T version. Thanks for any info that people can provide"
BBC for the HTC Fuze for AT&T is supposed to launch Q1 of 2009.

Anonymous
3. RE: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Nov 25 2008, 9:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 9:18 PM EST
It is in the OS menu but it goes to HTC which tells you it is coming soon............AT&T offers the plan and as stated you can point the browser to the url given and download it. I am running it with no issues on my new AT&T Fuze.
pem325

pem325
4. RE: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Nov 25 2008, 9:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 9:22 PM EST
It is not AT&T will not support it because I am using it. It is only that HTC does not put it on their site. It is a windows 6.1 OS and the version I downloaded was for Windows 6.1. It works as advertised. you don't need to wait till 2009.

Anonymous
5. RE: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Dec 19 2008, 12:56 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 12:56 AM EST
I talked to att representative and Yes indeed Att FUZE comes with Blackberry connect. All you have to do is buy blackberry $30 plan.
browntannis
browntannis
6. RE: Does the AT&T HTC Fuze come with Blackberry Connect?
Dec 19 2008, 11:41 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 11:41 AM EST
"It is not AT&T will not support it because I am using it. It is only that HTC does not put it on their site. It is a windows 6.1 OS and the version I downloaded was for Windows 6.1. It works as advertised. you don't need to wait till 2009."
Actually, it is RIM that delivers the software to HTC to post on their site. RIM is still working on version for this device . While other versions may work, neither AT&T or HTC can provide in depth support (if it isn’t working right, you will get best effort support but no guarantee for a fix until the correct client has been released for the Fuze) it since it hasn’t been certified for use with this device. Also, Video Share Calling and BBC don’t work well together, they “fight” over the data connection (they each use a different APN) so if you want to use BBC, the best performance will be without Video Share Calling and of course, Activesync disabled (this uses a different APN too).