• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: backlight hotfix not workingThis is a featured thread

Previous | 1 2 
rcartwright6
rcartwright6
20. RE: backlight hotfix not working
Apr 1 2009, 3:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2009, 3:22 PM EDT
I have had the same frustrating issue for the past several months. Any way, I think I have found the fix. I used the Kaiser Tweak and selected all the advised settings related to the backlight and power management. This seems to have resolved my issue. It is 30sec which is not what I wanted but better than 10sec. One word of caution, once you have it set in Kaiser tweak do a soft reset and do NOT go into settings and backlight to check. Once you do it goes back to 10sec. Set it and forget about it.
Do you find this valuable?    
stephenj

stephenj
21. RE: backlight hotfix not working
Apr 1 2009, 4:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2009, 4:55 PM EDT
"Hello...if you are still having troubles with the timeout of the backlight, I would suggest looking at the power settings timeout in the registry.
The setting is under \HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timouts.

I have used the value of 60 under the BattSuspendTimeout and BattSuspendTimeoutSave

I hope it works."
I don't have the BattSuspendTimeoutSave but I did the other setting and it didn't help.
stephenj

stephenj
22. RE: backlight hotfix not working
Apr 1 2009, 4:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2009, 4:56 PM EDT
"I have had the same frustrating issue for the past several months. Any way, I think I have found the fix. I used the Kaiser Tweak and selected all the advised settings related to the backlight and power management. This seems to have resolved my issue. It is 30sec which is not what I wanted but better than 10sec. One word of caution, once you have it set in Kaiser tweak do a soft reset and do NOT go into settings and backlight to check. Once you do it goes back to 10sec. Set it and forget about it."
I tried this but no difference.
rcartwright6
rcartwright6
23. RE: backlight hotfix not working
Apr 2 2009, 7:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2009, 7:28 AM EDT
Did you make sure to set all settings to the "Advised" setting? Mine did not work until I did that.