• A Wetpaint Site
S-A-M
S-A-M
WiFi
Nov 13 2008, 12:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2008, 12:40 AM EST
My touch pro phone's WiFi connects to the wireless Internet, but when trying to visit websites in IE or Opera browser it gives error (site cannot be found). Even other applications that depend on internet (example - weather app) does not work. Can someone please advice on how to fixing this problem, Thanks.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Internet WiFi

Anonymous
1. RE: WiFi
Nov 23 2008, 10:02 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:02 PM EST
You must disable the proxy to connect to internet, enable it for cell service
Do you find this valuable?    
S-A-M
S-A-M
2. RE: WiFi
Nov 24 2008, 10:30 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2008, 10:30 PM EST
"You must disable the proxy to connect to internet, enable it for cell service"
I dont have proxy enabled.
appreciate your effort to help, thanks.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: WiFi
Dec 1 2008, 8:18 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 8:18 AM EST
I had the same problem, I deleted that wi-fi connection and re set it up and it worked.

Anonymous
4. RE: WiFi
Dec 1 2008, 11:41 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 11:41 AM EST
I tried deleting the wi-fi settings and rdid esetup again, but still does not work.
S-A-M

Anonymous
5. RE: WiFi
Dec 15 2008, 11:16 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2008, 11:16 AM EST
I had the same problem - brand new phone, nothing unusual, but it always wanted to use the wireless network for data until I changed this:

Start/Settings/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks/My Work Network/Proxy Settings - check "This network connects to the Internet" - Proxy is not checked.

I think Windows looks for available networks that provide internet connectivity, and the default "My Work Network" does not have that checked so Windows dows not even try.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: WiFi
Dec 16 2008, 7:25 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 16 2008, 7:25 AM EST
"I had the same problem - brand new phone, nothing unusual, but it always wanted to use the wireless network for data until I changed this:

Start/Settings/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks/My Work Network/Proxy Settings - check "This network connects to the Internet" - Proxy is not checked.

I think Windows looks for available networks that provide internet connectivity, and the default "My Work Network" does not have that checked so Windows dows not even try."
Tried that as well. One question: under My ISP, tab Modem, does any of you have listed the wireless modem of your device? I have absoluetly no modems listed there, maybe that's causing the problem. And when I try to add one, it offers me only Bluetooth, cell line, Cell line( GPRS, 3G), IrDA, Haynes compatible on COM1; no TIACXWLN1, which is the name for the wireless modem on TyTN.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)