• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: htc touch hd worth it??????This is a featured thread

cdizzle

cdizzle
htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 10 2008, 3:37 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2008, 3:37 PM EST
Is the touch hd worth it without being compatible to the 3G network??????????
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: touch hd
denco7
denco7
1. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 10 2008, 4:30 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2008, 4:30 PM EST
"Is the touch hd worth it without being compatible to the 3G network??????????"
It is HSDPA ready, which is the next step above 3G. It is built for the near future.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 10 2008, 9:37 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2008, 9:37 PM EST
"It is HSDPA ready, which is the next step above 3G. It is built for the near future."
Thanks for that info, do you have one or plan on purchasing one?????
denco7
denco7
3. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 11 2008, 6:54 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2008, 6:54 AM EST
"Thanks for that info, do you have one or plan on purchasing one?????"
Do you live in the US ? It is not available here, and I heard, not in the near future. It is more Europe friendly. I have a Tilt. The next phone I am looking at is a Fuze or an Xperia X1
cdizzle

cdizzle
4. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 11 2008, 11:14 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2008, 11:14 AM EST
"Do you live in the US ? It is not available here, and I heard, not in the near future. It is more Europe friendly. I have a Tilt. The next phone I am looking at is a Fuze or an Xperia X1"
Yeah, I do live in the US, but I am buying the phone unlocked from the internet.......It looks like it's compatible with the EDGE here in the US, it's a little slower, but out of the all phones Ive looked into buying, this is the phone that stood out to me.....I have a Tilt as well so Im a huge fan of HTC.....

Anonymous
5. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 18 2008, 3:01 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2008, 3:01 PM EST
I have the Touch HD here in Chicago on ATT and it works great. No, it doesn't support US 3G so the speeds are comparable to the first gen iphone, however, that may not be that important to you. My last phone was an iphone 3g, and reception was crap. The HD already has had noticeably better reception all around. Also, several places here in the city have wifi, which is faster anyways. It was either the HD or the Xperia X1 for me, and since I'm not crazy about the x1 panels and the diamond shaped buttons, I decided to go with the HD instead. Haven't regretted it yet...
cdizzle

cdizzle
6. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 18 2008, 8:10 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2008, 8:10 PM EST
"I have the Touch HD here in Chicago on ATT and it works great. No, it doesn't support US 3G so the speeds are comparable to the first gen iphone, however, that may not be that important to you. My last phone was an iphone 3g, and reception was crap. The HD already has had noticeably better reception all around. Also, several places here in the city have wifi, which is faster anyways. It was either the HD or the Xperia X1 for me, and since I'm not crazy about the x1 panels and the diamond shaped buttons, I decided to go with the HD instead. Haven't regretted it yet..."
I appreciate the heads up, I will get my phone tomorrow, and I am on ATT as well.....so im hoping for the best.....Thanks......
gad2

gad2
7. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 1:10 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 1:10 AM EST
"I appreciate the heads up, I will get my phone tomorrow, and I am on ATT as well.....so im hoping for the best.....Thanks......"
I am thinking of getting one, let me know what you think. I live in rural New England so I am worried about service. plan on using tmobile or att
cdizzle

cdizzle
8. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 11:51 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 11:51 AM EST
"I am thinking of getting one, let me know what you think. I live in rural New England so I am worried about service. plan on using tmobile or att"
I got my phone yesterday, and Im loving it......I dont have 3G but I am using Wi-Fi....Even without 3G the speeds are fine in my opinion.......I am just starting to play with it to learn the phone, but what I have seen so far is pretty good....I would definitely recommend this over the Iphone.........
vmulkey
vmulkey
9. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 2:56 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 2:56 PM EST
I also have the tilt but with the full data plan for my company emails. Do you know if I swap the sim into the HD and set up the address that it will work just like my Tilt except 3G of course.
vmulkey
vmulkey
10. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 2:58 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 2:58 PM EST
Also cdizzle if it does work with data plan can you tell me were you got your phone and how much it was??

Anonymous
11. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 3:49 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 3:49 PM EST
HI, all
One of the advantages of 3G over EDGE is that you could serf the web and recive calls at the same time. with EDGE if you use data connection no calls coming in.
HTC ‘s bands for 3G is 900/2100 Mhz. T Mobile supports 1700/2100 Mhz , anybody is aware if HD will work on tmobile’s 3G network ?
cdizzle

cdizzle
12. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 5:28 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 5:28 PM EST
"Also cdizzle if it does work with data plan can you tell me were you got your phone and how much it was??"
i swapped the cards and things went on as usual, i havent tried to set up emails to my phone because my company's email is web-based, so all i need is the internet to check my mail, my data plan to my knowledge does work with this phone...i got it from onthegosolutions.com, and now it runs for $839........
denco7
denco7
13. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 6:28 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 6:28 PM EST
"HI, all
One of the advantages of 3G over EDGE is that you could serf the web and recive calls at the same time. with EDGE if you use data connection no calls coming in.
HTC ‘s bands for 3G is 900/2100 Mhz. T Mobile supports 1700/2100 Mhz , anybody is aware if HD will work on tmobile’s 3G network ?
"
The HD is not compatible with any US 3G network. HTC doe not plan on releasing it in the US, stating that in the in the time it will take to re tool it to the US 3G band, it will all ready be into its next generation.
Therefore you can only get it unlocked . Saw one on ebay for $899.00
itxy
itxy
14. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 20 2008, 10:06 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2008, 10:06 PM EST
i wold wait i had about 6 smartphone and one i have before it was released when you get a non released phone all you get is braging rights to show everyone the phone does it work maybe but it will not work to its full potential so if you like to show off then do it and get it but you will not show off for long when sprint gets it in may not be this year but if you seen how fast sprint move with phones could be spring next

Anonymous
15. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Nov 21 2008, 12:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2008, 12:01 AM EST
I currently have the Instinct which doesn't come with IM, so now I'm looking into the HD which I found out about 10 minutes ago won't be sold in the US! About 5 minutes ago I saw a new HTC phone called the MAX 4G, can any of you guys tell me whether or not this phone will be sold in the US, and what's the differents between it and the HD?
simon11
simon11
16. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Apr 3 2009, 4:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 3 2009, 4:40 AM EDT
I have a HD but I am in the UK. It is a fantastic phone. It has met all my expectations and more. I have had to get later versions of a lot of my software though to run properly. I am sure this is well up in the best phones you can buy. If not the best!

simon11
simon11
17. RE: htc touch hd worth it??????
Apr 3 2009, 4:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 3 2009, 4:41 AM EDT
Just seen how old this post is!!!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)