• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: mio and GPS

Keyword tags: gps Mio tilt (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

theone964

theone964
mio and GPS
Nov 7 2008, 6:11 PM EST
Hey guys i don't quite understnad how the gps function works on the tilt.

I have a Mio unit and the CD with the maps for the unit. I'm wanting to giuev the unit to my brother since my tilt has GPS functions. But i don't have a data plan and don't want to pay for Telenav for for usage.

How do i load the mio maps onto my tilt and get it to work without paying anything outta my pocket, since i already bought a MIo unit a couple months ago

thanks
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: mio and GPS
Nov 13 2008, 10:14 PM EST
First you have to get on ppcgeeks.com and find the software to unlock the phone so the gps will work. This is if you have verizon. They lock the gps so you cannot you it. Then after you unlock the phone you will have to install a new rom. Its not as hard as it seems. Then you copy the mio software to your micro sd card and run the program from it. I have a Tytn and I have done this and it works great. You will need software to toggle the gps on and off before you start the mio program. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: mio and GPS
Dec 11 2008, 10:26 PM EST
i use google maps. it doesnt talk to you like other nav software but its free to down load. you just hit menu and use gps. plus the benifits of googles areil view. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors