• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: XV6900 Audio AlertsThis is a featured thread

Jonathanrc73
Jonathanrc73
XV6900 Audio Alerts
Nov 1 2008, 11:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2008, 11:09 PM EDT
I am one of the lucky that has a company assigned cell phone with push email from an exchange server. To include Task and appointment reminders. I use my Cell Phone as an alarm clock to avoid power issues and have searched diligently and to no avail to find a solution to my problem. I need to audio enabled to hear my alarm at 5:00 am but I don't enjoy waking up multiple times throughout the night when a new email bleeps or another reminder pops up on the phone at midnight. Is there some way for me to configure the phone to disable audio alerts between 10:00pm and 4:45am so that I am not working 24x7? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
rilda01
rilda01
1. RE: XV6900 Audio Alerts
Nov 7 2008, 8:30 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 7 2008, 8:30 AM EST
would setting it to airplane mode help? or do you need to recieve calls at 2am? airplane mode would allow the alarm to function while disabling the cell signal link for email.

Anonymous
2. RE: XV6900 Audio Alerts
Dec 1 2008, 8:32 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 8:32 AM EST
Take a look at the SpB software packages.

There is a great app called TIME from spb.

As well as all manner of world clocks, stop watches & countdown timers, they have included extra 'alarms'.

Use any sounds, mp3s etc for the alarm sound.

Also, with a bit of fidling about you can change all / any of the regular 'alert sounds' to whatever you wish... just drag & drop sound files into the folder where your normal set are kept.

Hope that has helped