• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Forwarding text messageReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Posted Anonymously
Forwarding text message
Oct 7 2008, 10:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2008, 10:31 PM EDT
Hi, I got a problem while using Diamond... When I received a text message, I cant forward them to another person as it's all pack in a conversation.. I realised that I could delete them and find those message in the deleted item, then I was able to forward.. but how do i forward without having deleting the message? Anybody help? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Kaltir
1. RE: Forwarding text message
Jan 13 2009, 1:29 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2009, 1:29 PM EST
I've been having the same problem and have yet to find an answer:-( Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: Forwarding text message
Jan 13 2009, 6:16 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2009, 6:16 PM EST
"I've been having the same problem and have yet to find an answer:-("
If you have a device that has WM 6.1, you have threaded SMS which does not offer the forward option from the inbox.

If you are comfortable, there is a registry edit that you can make. You will need to install a registry editor on your device and change the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM]

Under this add a new DWORD value called "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled" and set it to 1. Close the tmail.exe application or soft-reset the device and the regular message view will be used. Set this registry value back to 0 or delete it to restore the default threaded view.
Do you find this valuable?    

ShoRtyKLee
4. RE: Forwarding text message
Mar 31 2009, 11:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2009, 11:51 PM EDT
change the settings from thread to classic in the all settings area for text messaging, that turns it into the old way of text messaging where you can forward Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
5. RE: Forwarding text message
Apr 10 2009, 4:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 10 2009, 4:11 PM EDT
"If you have a device that has WM 6.1, you have threaded SMS which does not offer the forward option from the inbox.

If you are comfortable, there is a registry edit that you can make. You will need to install a registry editor on your device and change the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM]

Under this add a new DWORD value called "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled" and set it to 1. Close the tmail.exe application or soft-reset the device and the regular message view will be used. Set this registry value back to 0 or delete it to restore the default threaded view."
I found another way, if you are in your sms list, tap and hold on the message you want to forward and slelft Forward from the pop up menu. Do you find this valuable?