• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Deactivate T9

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Deactivate T9
Sep 5 2008, 1:08 AM EDT
Is it possible to deactivate the T9 on the HTC Touch? I upgraded from a Palm Centro (which I loved) to this (and almost regretting it) and the T9 is killing me!!!

Also, I have a comcast.net e-mail account, but the phone won't allow me to send/receive e-mails. A message pops up saying I need to make sure my e-mail settings are right in the phone, which I've done OVER and OVER again.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Deactivate T9
Sep 5 2008, 1:50 AM EDT
obtain your outgoing mail settings from your mobile service provider. it will be different from your regular email outgoing mail server. the incoming mail server should be the same though. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 12 2008, 5:37 AM EDT
"Is it possible to deactivate the T9 on the HTC Touch? I upgraded from a Palm Centro (which I loved) to this (and almost regretting it) and the T9 is killing me!!!

Also, I have a comcast.net e-mail account, but the phone won't allow me to send/receive e-mails. A message pops up saying I need to make sure my e-mail settings are right in the phone, which I've done OVER and OVER again."
I have both same issues! The deactivate T9 still need help as well. As for the email account: i have deleted email AND all connections to provider. Then reenter the connection with provider and then email account. It worked. So deleting email account was not enough.
good luck. and please someone tell me how to switch off T9 with my HTC Touch Pro
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 12 2008, 5:47 AM EDT
To deactivate T9 on HTC Touch Pro: make a new text message. On your keyboard press Fn-Space (Fn-T9), It now shows the options and settings for T9 on your screen. good luck 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors