• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Custom Ring Tones

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Custom Ring Tones
Aug 22 2008, 1:38 PM EDT
Anyone out there know how to add ringtones outside of the cheese that comes with the P4000? I've had the phone for quite some time now and the flute melody that was once cute & relaxing is now nothing short of frustrating - much less however than any other tones on the unit.

I'm pulling my hair out everytime someone calls me but I'm still not prepared to spend any money on a ringtone.

Is there not a way to customize the ringer to a *.wav or *.mp3 clip - even a midi clip? I mean it's got a bleeding media player on it!

Thanks in advance!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Custom Ring Tones
Aug 22 2008, 2:05 PM EDT
Just updated to WM6.1 and low & behold, there's a handy folder on the drive now called ringtones. Put two + two together there and solved my own problem.

Good bye flute medoly - hello endless possiblities!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Custom Ring Tones
Aug 27 2008, 1:03 AM EDT
Hey, have had this phone for about a year, you can pretty much use any mp3 file as a ring tone. Just bluetooth it, or put it on your memory card. It should show up in your sound options. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors