• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch Diamond & GPS Software

Keyword tags: 11 kllllll (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2  | Next
achilles80

achilles80
HTC Touch Diamond & GPS Software
Aug 17 2008, 11:41 PM EDT
I just got my Touch Diamond from Telus. They did not disable my GPS. I want to have navigation software installed on my device so I do not have to pay my service provider $10 every month. I have three choices so far, Garmin Mobile, iGuidence, and TomTom Navigator 6. I am not sure which one will work best on this phone or if there is another one that I am not aware off. I didnt get any data plan on phone and do not like google maps as they suck for Canada anyways. Any help would be much appreciated. 18  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch Diamond & GPS Software
Aug 26 2008, 5:45 PM EDT
Garmin would be the better way to go. 10  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 2 2008, 10:38 PM EDT
"I just got my Touch Diamond from Telus. They did not disable my GPS. I want to have navigation software installed on my device so I do not have to pay my service provider $10 every month."
How did you managed to get it working?? I dont even have access to QuickGPS (not present in programs) and when I try to access my internal GPS fonctions inside GoogleMaps Mobile it doesnt even connect. I have tried the automatic setup (let windows decide wich com port) and I have tried just about anything manually!

How did you get it working?? Did you try GoogleMaps?? I want to have a GPS programs that lets me see the satellite view (trees, houses and the likes) not just a plain route that my old nokia can render ;)

This phone has potential but damn Telus always block out everything cool and usefull!

I dont have the FM Radio either. I am now thinking of returning my Diamond just after 4 days of thinkering with it... No cool GPS app means no reason to pay a phone 400$
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 3 2008, 10:10 AM EDT
You have to modify your Diamond and place the information for the GPS in there that telus removes.
refer here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35592
also the telus Diamond has been Hard unlocked thus allowing us to make custom roms.
refer here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35839

Im using tomtom7 and Google maps on my diamond i just took out of the box yesterday. Modified ofcourse
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 3 2008, 12:46 PM EDT
"You have to modify your Diamond and place the information for the GPS in there that telus removes.
refer here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35592

Im using tomtom7 and Google maps on my diamond i just took out of the box yesterday. Modified ofcourse"
Thanks Anonymous, if I read it right, I just have to install the GPS registry.cab from the link you gave me and I would be able to googlemap my location on my Diamond?? Did you do anything to your Diamond to have GoogleMaps working or just did the GPS registry.cab thing?? (dont want to ruin me brand new acquisition)

Thanks
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X
Sep 3 2008, 1:02 PM EDT
hello, im signed in now but i was the one who posted above.

your going ot need to set up your gpsONE setting as well read the how to there its easy as pie just takes some reading and listening. then install the gps registry.cab so the registry matches your gpsONE setting and bam your set.

i followed the Instruction to a "T" and got my google maps and tomtom 7 working in about 20 min.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 3 2008, 3:01 PM EDT
"your going ot need to set up your gpsONE setting as well read the how to there its easy as pie just takes some reading and listening. then install the gps registry.cab so the registry matches your gpsONE setting and bam your set."
Thanks Juggalo_X,

Will do so has soon as I... Mmmm, there seem to be a snag for me... I have WinXP Pro, up to date and all but there is no qcmdmxp.sys in my system!

I have done a full-on search for it but cannot find anything in my pc with that name. What device am I supose to have installed to have those usb drivers. As far as Im concerned, they're not in WinXP by default.

Is there a place I could download them from or do you have them on hand for me.

Again, thank you for your help.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X
Sep 3 2008, 3:29 PM EDT
"Thanks Juggalo_X,

Will do so has soon as I... Mmmm, there seem to be a snag for me... I have WinXP Pro, up to date and all but there is no qcmdmxp.sys in my system!

I have done a full-on search for it but cannot find anything in my pc with that name. What device am I supose to have installed to have those usb drivers. As far as Im concerned, they're not in WinXP by default.

Is there a place I could download them from or do you have them on hand for me.

Again, thank you for your help."
Here is a link to the Quallcomm usb drivers you will use.

it will ask to install a modem and a diagnostic com port. use these drivers for both.

Here are the drivers http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=57b1b645833b68f6d2db6fb9a8902bda i have uploaded them to a sharing site for you.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 3 2008, 5:17 PM EDT
"Here is a link to the Quallcomm usb drivers you will use."
Tnks man, Im begining to owe you much for all your help on this! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 3 2008, 8:58 PM EDT
Seems that I am cursed today... Have tried everything I know but the I cant install the drivers you gave me + QPST doesnt detect my phone at all! :'(

Seems that I am doomed with hacking that little gadget, GPS will not work for me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 4 2008, 12:43 AM EDT
"Seems that I am cursed today... Have tried everything I know but the I cant install the drivers you gave me + QPST doesnt detect my phone at all! :'(

Seems that I am doomed with hacking that little gadget, GPS will not work for me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"
you may have to use the do not search for a driver feature and then the have disk feature and manually tell it to install the driver. Do you find this valuable?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 4 2008, 1:37 PM EDT
"you may have to use the do not search for a driver feature and then the have disk feature and manually tell it to install the driver."
Tried that also... But when I go to the .inf files and load them up, nothing gets displayed in the "add hardware" box

Is it because they're not xp drivers, the drivers you sent me the link to are 2k drivers, could this be the prob??
Juggalo_X

Juggalo_X
Sep 4 2008, 2:09 PM EDT
ive used these drivers for my diamond, also used them on vista and xp.

i dont know what ur having such issues. if you join the PPCGEEKS forums myself and others will help trouble shoot your issue.
i verified once again those are the correct drivers i sent you.
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 4 2008, 3:09 PM EDT
"ive used these drivers for my diamond, also used them on vista and xp.

i dont know what ur having such issues. if you join the PPCGEEKS forums myself and others will help trouble shoot your issue.
i verified once again those are the correct drivers i sent you. "
I have subscribed to PPCGEEKS forum and asked for help in the thread with the step by step instructions here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=403960&posted=1#post403960

Will hope to find a Geek-god that can shed some light on my situation.

Thnks

Anonymous
Sep 5 2008, 8:09 PM EDT
I am using igo 8 and google maps and i got the gps to work without any modifications. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 7 2008, 10:02 PM EDT
yours must not be a canadian model then nore from Telus if your using igo 8!!

Im also trying to figure this out on my Telus Touch Diamond, I know I can use the telus navigator but would prefer no havibng to pay $10 a month after the free 30 day trial is over.... is it just a matter of installing some map software??? or is there more to it??? I know i has the GPS antenna and so on, but wanna have it as a free for use kinda deal, as a pose toa subscription and so on

Anonymous
Sep 8 2008, 11:14 PM EDT
Thanks 4 the info...hey do you know how I can change the green 'highlighted' color on my Diamond? Do you find this valuable?    
SINasTER
SINasTER
Sep 9 2008, 12:25 AM EDT
"Im also trying to figure this out on my Telus Touch Diamond

I know i has the GPS antenna and so on, but wanna have it as a free for use kinda deal, as a pose toa subscription and so on"
I got just the answer your looking for! I was looking for the same thing as you about 3 or 4 days ago... Just get registered at PPCGeeks.com and go to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639

You will find all your looking for. Instructions on how to do the hack, programs and lots more!!! Instructions are very well done and you cannot ruin your phone if you follow them. Easy, simple and effective!

I am using GglMaps on my Diamond since last sunday and it works has good (if not better) than the GglMaps on the iPhone. Try it, you wont regret it
angelinalove
angelinalove
Sep 9 2008, 3:16 AM EDT
I think Garmin is best for HTC touch. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 25 2008, 11:07 PM EST
I have the software for iGuidence and had been using it on a Samsung i760. I won't work on the Touch Diamond and iGuidance said they couldn't help. Tim Do you find this valuable?    
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors