• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: All about HTC diamondThis is a featured thread

macmeow
macmeow
All about HTC diamond
Jul 18 2008, 10:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 10:25 PM EDT
I not sure other diamond user has the same frustruation or not? But i saw many reviews was good. I beg to differ. Many will experience the battery was never full charge, likewise for mine. In the end i went back to change a new set with starhub (i bought at the roadshow) The starhub people told me, many people already complain about this. And after the new set changed, can be full charge but the capacity of the battery is too small for a smart phone like this. I only use the fuction of bluetooth to pair my handset, this diamond is a battery sucker. Half a day, my battery will be flat. I went back to HTC to check, the staff told me, in another 4 to 5 months, they will bring in a bigger capacity battery. And when the phone is idle mode, it will auto go to sleep mode, that is why all the screen is black. When u want to use it, u have to touch the on/off button. I wonder this is the special feature of the phone to save battery or a stupid designed? Please bring your diamond back to the service centre to upgrade the lastest 1.3.7 software. According to the staff, most diamond will have the 1.3.5 version that will cause problem for sms. Last thing that drive me crazy is people can use bluetooth to sent you picture but you can't . I have read the manual and tried many times, only can sent mms or sms.
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
aoal

aoal
1. RE: All about HTC diamond
Jul 27 2008, 9:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 27 2008, 9:23 AM EDT
Dear,
On WM machine, you don't SEND a picture or file, you BEAM.
:>)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: All about HTC diamond
Jul 28 2008, 10:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 28 2008, 10:28 PM EDT
Hi,
I would like to ask you one question -
HAVE YOU EVER USED WINDOWS MOBILE BEFORE ???? !!! ???

The time for Screen Blackout is called SCREEN STANDBY
This is a feature and can be changed in the SETTINGS Menu
You can keep your SCREEN to show everything all the time too.
Please Check the Manual for this.

For Sending Data using Bluetooth, Windows Mobiles have got a special Menu Selection called BEAMING
To Beam = Send Via Bluetooth
If you want to send something using Bluetooth, you can BEAM the FILE instead.

Please try these 2 things and then write back your Experience here in this Blog again

Thanks,
a happy customer
:P
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
ben@pcs

ben@pcs
3. RE: All about HTC diamond
Nov 3 2008, 4:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2008, 4:39 PM EST
Battery issues are all too easy to fix. The problem's I've had is that the phone power cycles while charging, crashes programs when it is the only one running (opera, youtube, teeter). The email is very unfriendly and I am a well versed windows mobile user. It's a great phone when it works. It just stops working at random. Also doesn't play will with all *.avi files nicely.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CaptSparky
CaptSparky
4. RE: All about HTC diamond
Nov 3 2008, 11:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2008, 11:36 PM EST
I'm getting almost 48 hours of my battery which is the same as the other PDA phones I have owned. I have found it charges more completly when using a wall outlet rather than the USB connection. The USB connection is only good for about 24 hours.
Do you find this valuable?    
aajchara

aajchara
5. RE: All about HTC diamond
Jan 19 2009, 3:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2009, 3:44 AM EST
I have the same problem like you. I never have this problem until I went to TRUE (my mobile phone network) and let staff set GPRS connection for me.
Did your problem solved ? (screen freeze and when I press on/off button the phon don't turn on) Please share your problem solving. Thank you very much.

Do you find this valuable?