• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Touch Keyboard stuck on numbers

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Touch Keyboard stuck on numbers
Jul 15 2008, 7:37 PM EDT
Hey everyone,
so my keyboard is now stuck on numbers only. I am using the touch QWERTY and even if I change to ABC, abc, XT9....doesn't matter, it keeps typing numbers. Any help would be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple, so sorry if it is, but thanks for the help!
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: Touch Keyboard stuck on numbers
Jul 15 2008, 7:41 PM EDT
"Hey everyone,
so my keyboard is now stuck on numbers only. I am using the touch QWERTY and even if I change to ABC, abc, XT9....doesn't matter, it keeps typing numbers. Any help would be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple, so sorry if it is, but thanks for the help!"
You are probably in the middle of something, and it will be lost, but a soft reset? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 15 2008, 8:07 PM EDT
"You are probably in the middle of something, and it will be lost, but a soft reset?"
I already tried that to no avail...thanks though! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 19 2008, 2:49 PM EDT
"Hey everyone,
so my keyboard is now stuck on numbers only. I am using the touch QWERTY and even if I change to ABC, abc, XT9....doesn't matter, it keeps typing numbers. Any help would be appreciated, I am sure it is something simple, so sorry if it is, but thanks for the help!"
This happened with my XV6900, I took it to the verizon store and they just gave me a new phone (I'd only had it for a day) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 16 2008, 2:39 AM EDT
it is happening to me right now, but i don't know what is going on. have u figure it out yet?
if you have email me at [email protected] and tell me how u fixed it
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 19 2008, 7:26 PM EDT
I used to do support for touchscreen devices and found that this would often happen if there was dust or some kind of debris around the edges of the touchscreen (Dell Axims, we'd just have the user run a business card around the edges and it would usually dislodge). It would create the effect that the device would interpret this as extra input. Are you using a screen protector that might have something trapped against the screen? Just a thought. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 30 2008, 10:21 AM EDT
it is prob on number lock 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 1 2008, 5:12 PM EST
Go here for a fix: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43997&highlight=keyboard+school Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors