• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Backlight timeout resets to 10secs after power off (HTC Tytn II WM6.1)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

prembo

prembo
Backlight timeout resets to 10secs after power off (HTC Tytn II WM6.1)
Jul 9 2008, 12:37 AM EDT
Hi,
I just upgraded to WM6.1 on my HTC Tytn II. Everything works well, except for when I power cycle, the "On Battery Power" backlight timeout resets to 10seconds everytime. The timeout for "On External Power" stays at what I set it to.

It remembers the correct setting when I do a soft reset. But a power cycle causes it to reset.

Any ideas please?

Thanks very much.
Prembo.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Backlight timeout resets to 10secs after power off (HTC Tytn II WM6.1)
Jul 11 2008, 9:19 AM EDT
Better not to instal WM 6.1 until the snags not cleared. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
cedarplacese

cedarplacese
Oct 1 2008, 3:57 PM EDT
I have the exact same problem. I called HTC and they suggested a hard reset, but I am now willing to go down that road yet because I don't think it will solve the problem since I am hearing the same problem with every Tytn II phone running WM 6.1. Do you find this valuable?    
prembo

prembo
Oct 1 2008, 6:08 PM EDT
"I have the exact same problem. I called HTC and they suggested a hard reset, but I am now willing to go down that road yet because I don't think it will solve the problem since I am hearing the same problem with every Tytn II phone running WM 6.1. "
Interestingly, the way I've been using the phone lately is simply not switching it off. I put it in "Flight Mode" & "Silent" when I would usually have it off.

A couple of days ago though, the whole thing crashed and I pulled the battery out and then replaced it. It started back up and the backlight settings were fine. I'd forgotten about the problem until I read your post. Maybe it has something to do with turning the phone off properly? Maybe an abrupt shut down (eg. pulling battery out) works better?!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
wicklert
wicklert
Tuesday, 2:58 PM EST
Solution:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3366147/kaiser-tweak-doc

Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors