• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC TyTN II Upgrade problem to WM6.1 (Active Sync)

Watch
sferreir

sferreir
HTC TyTN II Upgrade problem to WM6.1 (Active Sync)
Jul 6 2008, 4:33 PM EDT
I have also an WM6.1 problem related to the upgrade on my TyTN II (and some other within our corporation). Great idea for the Microsoft WM team to do the messaging options like an IM client, functionality upgrades, SCCM managibility and whatnot, but the major problem starts with Active Sync...

Servers: Microsoft Exchange 2007 x64 (SP1) - SSL/OWA/etc enabled. Windows 2003 Enterprise Server R2 x64
PCs: Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista Ent (x86 & x64) SP1

When syncing the device (TyTN II) to retrieve or send compiled mails, the device seem to pop up with a blank screen (generated by Active Sync), with the actual syncing process trying to take place behind this window. Pressing the "OK" button takes the window away, and then the nice error message appears "attention required" - you have stopped active sync... This is most irratating as the sync does not take place successfully. This also results that the email messages situated in the "Drafts" folder are sent, yet does not move to "Sent", replicating the message almost every 5min to the destined user...

This problem never existed with the WM6 release, yet doing the upgrade to WM6.1 and reverting back to WM6 left this problem intact that it keeps on occuring...
22  out of 25 found this valuable. Do you?    
arunprakashr
arunprakashr
RE: HTC TyTN II Upgrade problem to WM6.1 (Active Sync)
Jul 6 2008, 5:25 PM EDT
Hi,

Are you able to synchronize your contacts, calender etc?
And only have problem with Email?

Cheers - Prakash
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
sferreir

sferreir
Jul 6 2008, 6:27 PM EDT
Funny enough, i can sync ALL items - sync schedule is set to automatic as new items arrive. Sometimes it works for three to four syncs, then suddenly this bluddy blank screen pops up, with no options, no nothing except the close button at the top right-hand corner... :( 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 11 2008, 9:17 AM EDT
What a upgrade WM 6.1 from Htc. Cant they comment on these kind of problems facing by their valued customers. Have HTC engineers tested WM.6.1 before released. I think NO.
Do you find this valuable?    
sferreir

sferreir
Jul 11 2008, 10:09 AM EDT
The upgrade is directly from HTC itself - i think that it might be a hardware issue as the exact same upgrade have been performed with three of my other colleagues' phones (all purchased from the same store / batch) without any issues.

I will get some feedback from HTC reps / tech teams to answer a bit on the WM 6.1 issues. Will keep you posted on the progress.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 16 2008, 3:58 PM EDT
I cannot install Windows Mobile Center; I have a HTC TyTn II as PDA and a Vista on laptop and i want to sincronize

[email protected]
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 8 2008, 7:13 AM EDT
HTC TYtn II - user in Norway, upgraded to WM61 (with download from HTC e-club, on a laptop running XP, worked OK with upgrade , except "slow" respons to GPS, does not feel any great improvement as to battery life of device etc with WM 6.1 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 10 2008, 11:39 PM EDT
This is a known bug which Microsoft are working on between WM6.1 and Exchange 2007.
http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3655166&SiteID=65
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 28 2008, 4:24 PM EDT
Same situation, same problem. Seems to have started after downloading the 6.0 update. Vista Mobile screen shows a red circle with "error" in it. Any answers yet? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
rmnybballer08
rmnybballer08
Sep 16 2008, 11:57 AM EDT
try goin to htc.com then click support then click on your phone and then click software download and download AT&T Tilt Update - Version 3.57.502.2 thats what i did and i didnt have any problems but before you do all that change your active sync setting so that it doesnt synce anything while you do the upgrade. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
8525user

8525user
Nov 2 2008, 8:40 AM EST
I am not sure Activesync or WIndows Mobile Device Center is the problem. I upgraded the ROM on my AT&T Tilt to Version 3.57.502.2 WWE (WM 6.1), and I began getting synchronization errrors ("Activesync encountered an error on the desktop") on my two PCs. I could not synchronize my Tasks, Calendar items, etc. between my work PC and my home PC. Suggestions to delete and re-enable partnerships, and delete and re-enable settings in Activesync and WMDC (one machine is a Vista PC) did not work. I back-flashed to "ROM update" (version 1.62.502.0), and everything is back to syncing perfectly.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
EMSATX

EMSATX
Nov 23 2008, 12:08 AM EST
I had the same problem with AT&T Tilt after upgrading to WM6.1. I Synch with Exchange Server. All changes in exchange are transfered to the Tilt, but any change in the tilt's calendar is not sent to exchange. Contacts, e-mails and Tasks work perfect. We use Exchange 2003.

When I called HTC I was told they had no idea wjat I was talking about.

I had to move back to WM6 to have the calendar work again

Anonymous
Nov 24 2008, 12:21 PM EST
My Tilt has had the same problem, calander wont upload from tilt to exchange, coincidentally with my upgrade to Outlook 2007 from 2003. Am trying a downgrade to '03. Will post outcome!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors