• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: HTC S710 Shuts downReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts
hriata
hriata
HTC S710 Shuts down
Jul 5 2008, 2:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 5 2008, 2:12 PM EDT
I have been using HTC S710 for nearly a year now, a few months back the phone starts shutting itself down randomly while making a call or receiving a call. I did a hard reset then i upgraded the factory ROM with Dr.Gonzo' Windows Mobile 6.1 , but the problem does not go away. I revert back to official HTC ROM (RUU_Vox_HTC_WWE_1.34.405.1_4.1.13.54_03.10.90_Ship) but the problem not only stays, it is worse. Now it only starts in Flight Mode or without a SIM, whenever i turn on the Network and the phone starts searching for a network it immediately shuts down. I had given it to a repair shop who told me it is software problem. Can anyone suggest a solution or at least tell me what could be the cause. I suspect it has something to do with Network IC. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

sjako
1. RE: HTC S710 Shuts down
Jul 17 2008, 6:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2008, 6:16 AM EDT
I have 2 s710's, the oldest is slightly older than a year, the other is 8 months old. Both of them shut down randomly, and i can not figure out what the problem is. I am started to get the feeling it has to do with the hardware wear-n-tear, as the oldest one started having this behavior first, and then the newer one followed .....

anyone any suggestions? i really love the functionality, but reliability is more important ... (read: getting really annoyed with this)

Sjako
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: HTC S710 Shuts down
Jul 18 2008, 3:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 3:49 AM EDT
Hello, same for me, same age of the phone. I guess the battery is getting old. I purchased a new battery and since then its OK. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

s.arunprabhakar
3. RE: HTC S710 Shuts down
Jul 27 2009, 10:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 27 2009, 10:08 AM EDT
Yup, battery seems to be the main culprit! I had the same problem - the PDA will shut down and I won't even know! Changing the battery has solved the problem. But the device seems to carve for power and the battery drains to 5% in just 9 or 10 hours - with a very moderate usage of 20 minutes on calls. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)