• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: error message on my tilt

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
error message on my tilt
Jul 4 2008, 12:59 PM EDT
need help please!!!! dropped my tilt in a cup of coffee...took the battery out dried it for a couple of days..turned the phone on and im getting an error message that reads," warning, sim door is unlocked phone will shut off in 10 seconds" the phone shuts off after 10 seconds. so, i took the sim card out, put it back in and lock the door and get the same message...the phone will not stay on...dunno....could someone please help me with this problem!!! Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: error message on my tilt
Jul 4 2008, 1:07 PM EDT
As with any electronic device, once they get wet , they are done. You can try to let it dry for a length of time while off or try a hard reset, but I would not get my hopes up. Sorry 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 4 2008, 1:08 PM EDT
what is the hard reset? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 4 2008, 1:12 PM EDT
"need help please!!!! dropped my tilt in a cup of coffee...took the battery out dried it for a couple of days..turned the phone on and im getting an error message that reads," warning, sim door is unlocked phone will shut off in 10 seconds" the phone shuts off after 10 seconds. so, i took the sim card out, put it back in and lock the door and get the same message...the phone will not stay on...dunno....could someone please help me with this problem!!! btw...the lower part of the phone is the only part that got wet"
what is a hard reset for the tilt?? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 4 2008, 1:42 PM EDT
"what is a hard reset for the tilt??"
It resets your phone back to the factory settings. It cures most of your phone's ills. But not all and it erases any and all data on your phone that was not there when you bought it.
Press both softkeys and at the same time do a soft reset ( insert stylus into small hole in bottom next to usb port) wait for button lights to flash and prompt screen to come up, release soft keys and follow prompts. Hopefully you have a backup of all important phone info.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 27 2008, 5:54 PM EDT
"need help please!!!! dropped my tilt in a cup of coffee...took the battery out dried it for a couple of days..turned the phone on and im getting an error message that reads," warning, sim door is unlocked phone will shut off in 10 seconds" the phone shuts off after 10 seconds. so, i took the sim card out, put it back in and lock the door and get the same message...the phone will not stay on...dunno....could someone please help me with this problem!!!"
Did you ever get this resolved? my phone got a little damp in my pocket and was working fine about 20 min afterwards, and then all of a sudden BAM i get this error message? What do i do?!? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors