• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Htc Diamond - youtube trouble

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3  | Next

Anonymous
RE: Htc Diamond - youtube application "No videos" problem
Nov 20 2008, 2:05 PM EST
"I am shure now that this problem is not operator or WIFI connected. I tryed my phone on Orange. My operator is Vodafone. Everything is working fine but the youtube application. Same "no videos" on my Touch Diamond. And I stiil wait for the support from HTC.

I reinstalled the youtube application. No luck.

I wiil try the http://www.wm6software.net/multimedia/youtube_player.html to see how it is working. Anyway I am interested in solving this."
I have an HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint). And yes my YouTube stopped working sometime yesterday. I took it into the Sprint Store. The tech found that YouTube Apps are not working on any phones, Diamond, Pro, even the Instinct. You can however, go to the YouTube site using your browser, pick vid and watch it with the internal "Streaming Media Player", also by HTC. Bewared though the video and sound quality of Youtube videos using this player are both VERY poor. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 2:38 PM EST
My youtubeplayer also stopped working a couple of days ago. I can play the 10 files in my history, but searching and viewing "most played", "most popular" and so on results in "No Videos" or the searching cirkle going on forever....

HTC - please update this application so it works again! Watching the videos with the streaming player is no good. The quality is just to poor.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 2:42 PM EST
Same thing is happening here on my Diamond. Cannot search, no most viewed, no access to any videos. It was working previously. And agreed the quality from the streamer is *awful*. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 3:07 PM EST
But the quality on this one: http://www.wm6software.net/multimedia/youtubeplay_1_0_0_9.html - is actually ok. Not as good as the HTC youtube player but ok... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Htc Diamond - youtube trouble
Nov 20 2008, 6:14 PM EST
I had trouble with youtube all day as well, but as of 6pm est - it is working again! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 6:22 PM EST
Working here on the west coast as of 3pm pst. Hooray! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 7:03 PM EST
"It seems that there are quite a few posts about this over the past 24 hours. Mine has also stopped working. I am wondering if this perhaps has nothing to do with the phone, seeing as it is happening so much so recently. Perhaps it has something to do with the Youtube website."
Mine has suddenly started working again. I didn't do anything. I think this supports my idea that it had nothing to do with the phone, but rather with Youtube or my carrier (Telus). Do you find this valuable?    
rmartinrn

rmartinrn
Nov 20 2008, 7:06 PM EST
Mine started working this evening as well!! Very glad to have this application back. It seems to be an awesome YouTube player. Thanks to everyone who helped get this situation addressed. Do you find this valuable?    
bozonix
bozonix
Htc Diamond - youtube trouble
Nov 21 2008, 3:38 AM EST
Wow! It is working again on mine too. So youtube is the one taking the blame. Great, thank everyone for the support and the new apps you provided here. Do you find this valuable?    
bozonix
bozonix
Htc Diamond - youtube application "No videos" problem
Nov 21 2008, 3:50 AM EST
Hi all again,
and I received the answer from HTC. It says what we figured out already.
This is the answer:
"
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting HTC Europe.
Within the past couple of days, Google have updated their You Tube server and this is having an impact with the You Tube application on our handsets. This is an issue that can only be resolved by Google.

Best regards,

Angela
HTC Europe
"
...so, it is solved for the moment. :)

Anonymous
Nov 21 2008, 3:25 PM EST
Mine also is working, but I got a different response from Sprint than everyone else. I was told to hard reset the phone. I told her I did, but she had a different way. ##786#, then reset, then reactivate your phone. I was told that the phone would then grab the new version of the Youtube player that was being updated. Did anyone do this, because I chose to wait and I'm glad, because it started working on it's own. I really hate hard resets. Wish there was a way to backup your settings, like maybe make it into a profile that is savable. C'mon HTC, work on that. :) Do you find this valuable?    
fernando19
fernando19
problems gone
Nov 22 2008, 12:17 AM EST
right!!!! so everybody happy now? what can i say? I'm very HAPPY!!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: problems gone
Dec 3 2008, 8:44 AM EST
I'm with Orange in the UK and its still not working for me. I've got a friend who also has a Diamond and exactly the same settings and his works! Mine just says "no videos" all the time. (Internet works perfectly by the way) Do you find this valuable?    
bozonix
bozonix
Htc Diamond - youtube application "No videos" problem
Dec 3 2008, 9:15 AM EST
You should call Orange or your dealer. You cannot say that you have the same settings as your friend and also this can be a bad thing in different scenarios... there are too many things that can go wrong :) Good Luck! Do you find this valuable?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
Dec 3 2008, 10:04 AM EST
The new opera mobile beta will play you tube videos within the browser Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 3 2008, 2:24 PM EST
"I'm with Orange in the UK and its still not working for me. I've got a friend who also has a Diamond and exactly the same settings and his works! Mine just says "no videos" all the time. (Internet works perfectly by the way)"
Did u already tried a master reset? Update the Room maybe help, maybe also a Radio Room downgrade. Contact the Orange support, tell they what's happening. For last option pick a new phone and send this one for RMA. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 2:42 AM EST
"You should call Orange or your dealer. You cannot say that you have the same settings as your friend and also this can be a bad thing in different scenarios... there are too many things that can go wrong :) Good Luck!"
I can say that it has the same settings as we both work for Orange and haven't changed anything since getting the phones out of their boxes. Basically they are both work phones with the same settings from day one and neither of us have changed anything!

Tried Orange Support but they have no idea what the problem is!!

:-((

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 2:45 AM EST
"Did u already tried a master reset? Update the Room maybe help, maybe also a Radio Room downgrade. Contact the Orange support, tell they what's happening. For last option pick a new phone and send this one for RMA."
I've done a soft reset but wanted to stay away from a master reset if possible. Thought it was strange when some peoples diamonds just started to work!

Can't change the phone as its a work benefit!!!

Think I'll stick with Nokia next time.....Thanks!!

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 9:47 AM EST
By the way - managed to get my hands on another device and used my SIM in it today.....still have the "no videos" message but there appears to be a reference to a previously watched video. Although I still can't actually watch anything.

I've mailed HTC and Orange as so far I'm the only person with an Orange Diamond that can't access the youtube app properly. Maybe its something in the settings that I've changed without knowing it....I did install the Diamond Tweak before but when I checked this against someone elses device that does have youtube working it looked exactly the same.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks.

Rich

Anonymous
Dec 4 2008, 3:17 PM EST
You guys must be doing this in the bar mentioned earlier after having a few too many! Mine still isn't working, and the latest message says "No Videos"! I'm ready to go to the same bar...! Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors