• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: my HTC 8525 Hermes wont work

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

tommyboy2007

tommyboy2007
my HTC 8525 Hermes wont work
Jun 30 2008, 11:32 AM EDT
hey fellow HTC users, ive been having problems with my phone. The screen works occasionally but not always and when it works it usually, key word usually, only give a partial image. What can i do make it work again. i did a hard reset and a soft reset and it dosent seem to be working right? what else can i do? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
RE: my HTC 8525 Hermes wont work
Jun 30 2008, 12:35 PM EDT
find out common things that go wrong with yourphone...call up ur provider...tell them that all those things are wrong with it...request a new (not referbished) phone...and hopefully you get a new one good luck 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
warp9pnt9

warp9pnt9
Jun 30 2008, 2:04 PM EDT
I've been having similar experiences. HTC told me INDIRECTLY that it's my fault by saying "all display damage is considered physical damage" and to pay $270 for a repair, which is more than the current value of the phone. HTC customer support kept cutting me off in mid-description, making assumptions about the nature of my problem (the display is not cracked or broken, never received a blow hard enough to cause physical damage). AT&T (formerly Cingular) says it's past the 1 year warranty point, so I'm not eligible for replacement, but in 2 months I may be able to upgrade at a discount. And if I have no phone, why pay AT&T? Because if I cancel before 2 years, I breach contract and pay an early termination fee. AT&T specifically offered no insurance on this phone. It's never been stolen, never lost, never abused, yet it malfunctions and all the big companies can say is give them more money.

Similar Problems:

1) Screen is all white when turned on
2) Repeatedly turn on and off to get normal display
3) Sometimes comes on in plaid color (horizontal & vertical lines in multiple
colors with a different colored background)
4) When display is normal, often goes white or plaid while in use
5) Display is shifted down about 1.5mm, so that the bottom 1.5mm is not
visible, but instead appears as a thin 1.5mm strip across the top of the
display
6) Front panel buttons don't work (soft keys, win logo, OK, green and red
phone)
7) Front panel phone buttons don't light up when phone is powered on
8) Front panel phone buttons turn on and stay on even when phone is turned
off

I've done power off, power on, soft reset, hard reset, master reset, re-flash. It's NOT a software problem. I believe it's thermal damage from a phone that was poorly designed and got so hot the ONE time I had a lengthy call that it destroyed itself. Like a secret agent phone, Get Moron.
Do you find this valuable?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
Jun 30 2008, 2:36 PM EDT
idunno man my brother had the white screen on his touch and all he did i think was hard reset but u said you tried that so idunno try flashing it again...tear it apart see whats going on maybe buy a screen on ebay for cheap because its off warentee so start fucking with it Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jun 30 2008, 3:59 PM EDT
White screen has been a common problem among these phones. While there are many theories , no one knows for sure. Users think it is a problem with an ill designed connection ribbon in the phone. Htc says that it is due to abuse. Physical and environmental.

It is small consolation but you are not alone, and may have to just bite the financial bullet and get a new phone. I was able to work out a deal with Sprint to upgrade my phone by " buying out" the last two months of my contract for a minimal fee and upgrade my phone. Not an ideal situation, but it did save me a little money. Sorry for no free solution.

Anonymous
Jul 4 2008, 11:23 AM EDT
The fix for my phone is that I put the phone into the freeze for a few minutes and cool off the screen. Then when I turn the phone back on it will work. I too lost my screen one week after the warantee ended. Remember, put the phone in the freezer and it will work.

jim
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HOW TO FIX WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH
Sep 29 2008, 9:02 AM EDT
hey mate read the posts from miccor (me) and shrup at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=303872&page=12
so I dont have to type the solution again
hope it works

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors