• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts
nobelmohd
nobelmohd
HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Jun 28 2008, 5:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 5:08 PM EDT
I dont understand when I bought the device and I read GPS is also available. But regret to know It will not work until I buy tomtom even if i bought tomtom it will still not work in the GCC countries.Because no middle east Maps available. What a racket ????? .
Now heard another bullshit that there is a software coming in called co-poilet.. Will it be with tomtom or without tomtom or compatable sofware this time. I have emailed to my Local Agent to supply Copoilet software but no answer as useual.. thanks and bye bye RAY..
4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Jul 11 2008, 12:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2008, 12:47 AM EDT
"I dont understand when I bought the device and I read GPS is also available. But regret to know It will not work until I buy tomtom even if i bought tomtom it will still not work in the GCC countries.Because no middle east Maps available. What a racket ????? .
Now heard another bullshit that there is a software coming in called co-poilet.. Will it be with tomtom or without tomtom or compatable sofware this time. I have emailed to my Local Agent to supply Copoilet software but no answer as useual.. thanks and bye bye RAY.."
I get my copilot from Qatar for free even that i bought it in Dubai. You need to bargain with salesman 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Jul 11 2008, 9:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2008, 9:09 AM EDT
"I get my copilot from Qatar for free even that i bought it in Dubai. You need to bargain with salesman"
Pls. let me know the full detail/ company name , will be highly appreciated. or if possible could you pls. send me middle east maps/software on my email address . Very much
thankful to you Sir. RAY -- email. [email protected]
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Jul 17 2008, 3:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2008, 3:32 AM EDT
Bought mine at City Center, Doha.
Came with a cd to load on Co-Pilot Live.
Co-Pilot works ok, only problem is you only get one city free (i chose doha of course).
Check your selling company - they should have given you a full kit including Co-pilot Live.

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Jul 17 2008, 5:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2008, 5:36 AM EDT
Thnx for your reply sir, I went supplier in doha, they are kind enough and handed over copilot DVD , I choose Qatar instead of Doha City. Software seems working but no map of doha or Qatar. ?? I dont know why??
best regards .
Nobel mohd

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Jul 18 2008, 2:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 18 2008, 2:42 PM EDT
"Thnx for your reply sir, I went supplier in doha, they are kind enough and handed over copilot DVD , I choose Qatar instead of Doha City. Software seems working but no map of doha or Qatar. ?? I dont know why??
best regards .
Nobel mohd"
Map not visible , blank screen only. Although Copilot is working GPS on. But no map and no road . Thanks to HTC. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Sep 2 2008, 3:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 2 2008, 3:48 AM EDT
There's a difference between GPS and Satnav. GPS is just the ability to receive you still need software! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Sep 9 2008, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 9 2008, 1:20 PM EDT
"Map not visible , blank screen only. Although Copilot is working GPS on. But no map and no road . Thanks to HTC. "
same for me maps not visible,,what we can do? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: HTC TyTN II has noway to get middle east maps .
Dec 19 2008, 10:56 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 10:56 AM EST
i thing you must install other gsm radio :) and you will be ok :) Do you find this valuable?