• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 730's alarmsThis is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

Posted Anonymously
730's alarms
Jun 28 2008, 3:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 3:37 AM EDT
Do you travel across different time zones? I had this problem and associated it with travelling between time zones and the phone automatically updating the time but not handling the alarm times correctly if they are active when you sitch teh phone on/off as you change zones (being in teh UK most of the time this has to be on an airplane so it needs truning off!) , I have only considered this recently and on teh last trip turned the alrms off before turning the phone off and then switched the alarms back on when I reached the destination and the phone had automatically reset the time to local - so far no problems but it is a trail of two against maybe 20 previous visits. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: 730s alarm
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: 730's alarms
Jun 28 2008, 12:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2008, 12:05 PM EDT
"Do you travel across different time zones? I had this problem and associated it with travelling between time zones and the phone automatically updating the time but not handling the alarm times correctly if they are active when you sitch teh phone on/off as you change zones (being in teh UK most of the time this has to be on an airplane so it needs truning off!) , I have only considered this recently and on teh last trip turned the alrms off before turning the phone off and then switched the alarms back on when I reached the destination and the phone had automatically reset the time to local - so far no problems but it is a trail of two against maybe 20 previous visits."
The alarms should remian static (not change) even as you travel to different time zones. So if you have the alarm set to go of say at 7 am, the alarm will go off based on the time that shows on the device. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: 730's alarms
Dec 13 2008, 11:07 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2008, 11:07 AM EST
I have the same problem with an HTC 8900 (AT&T Tilt). No matter how I reset the alarms, they always go off they way they were setup a long time ago. I suspect somehow there are two alarm databases, one I can see and another that is controlling the alarm. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)