• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: getting numbers off of broken cingular 2125??

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

doloriskey

doloriskey
getting numbers off of broken cingular 2125??
May 28 2008, 4:32 PM EDT
My htc made cingular 2125's screen cracked recently, with all of my numbers saved on the internal memory. At&t couldn't find a way to get them off of the phone. I have active sync and when connected to my computer, I can view the folder that contains the numbers but the folder will not open. Is there any way to get my numbers from my phone to my computer without being able to see the screen?! I don't want to have to pay $140 to get a new screen put in. Thanks! Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: getting numbers off of broken cingular 2125??
May 28 2008, 5:06 PM EDT
"My htc made cingular 2125's screen cracked recently, with all of my numbers saved on the internal memory. At&t couldn't find a way to get them off of the phone. I have active sync and when connected to my computer, I can view the folder that contains the numbers but the folder will not open. Is there any way to get my numbers from my phone to my computer without being able to see the screen?! I don't want to have to pay $140 to get a new screen put in. Thanks!"
Umm, use the actual ActiveSync Sync option.
Set up the partnership and pay CAREFUL attention whne selecting the Conflict Resolution option. You need to choose Handheld Wins or Combine to get your contacts from your device to Outlook on your PC. If you select Desktop wins and sync, all the contacts on your device will be wiped out. Next time, save the contacts to your SIM!
Do you find this valuable?    
pac10distance

pac10distance
RE: getting numbers off of broken cingular 2125??
May 28 2008, 6:46 PM EDT
Similar thing happened to me with the 8125, I unfortunately wasn't able to get my numbers out of the phone. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me. Active sync gave me way too much false hope. If you do get them out, back them up somewhere (I use Dashwire) and it will save you from dealing with the majority of clowns that work at att. Once again, good luck. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors